• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe |OT| Deluxe Salt

Firebrand

What's the "Don't switch" option in the GAF tournament?

Also, general Switch question, is there a button I can press on the joycons to wake the Switch without pressing the power button?

random25

What's the "Don't switch" option in the GAF tournament?

Also, general Switch question, is there a button I can press on the joycons to wake the Switch without pressing the power button?

you probably refer to "Don't Shuffle", as in no shuffling of opponents in rooms after race.

Home button wakes the system up.

Grizzo

What happened

I was about to rank in 5th place than you guys threw every existing offensive item at me and I ended up in last position

So the restrictions on this game are just so weird to me.

We had a blast playing 4 player balloon battle on Saturday for like 6 hours between 2 systems.

Why limit to 2 players per system for wireless play?

Why restrict controllers for this mode too? Only single joycons or pro controllers? WTF? Why no joy cons/adapter config for this mode? Makes no sense.

Everyone preferred the pro controller. Almost everyone hated using the single joycon to play. I bought the wheels to make the back buttons easier to hit at least.

TheMoon

Absolutely.

yes, that's exclusively the way my girlfriend and i are playing.
it's much more fun if you can create these kind of imaginary 'vendettas' against certain named human players.
Also, playing against AI either means i'll always end up first place, or she'll finish dead last (if we play against harder AI).

Make sure you create a mii for her beforehand. - it's in the Switch's settings app.
The only "issue" (cmiiw) is that - while your career stats get tracked, hers reset every time you start a new session (she'll be back to 1000points again)

Don't have my copy yet, but I need to know: can you do the thing again like on Wii U where you set up a proper second Nintendo Account, linked to another user on your Switch that then tracks their online stats and shows up independent of the main account?

I have a MK8 buddy which I do weekly races with and want to migrate over to Deluxe. Points score is serious business.

"Oh, you're in 10th out of 12?...here's a mushroom (while people behind you get red shells and Bullet Bills)

"Oh, you're in last? here's a mushroom"

Top Bottom