• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe |OT| Deluxe Salt

Got hit right at the finish line with a red, 8th place.

I'm on a losing streak. And I keep forgetting the starting boost cause of my phone lol

Durden77

Is the ability to tweak your tricks with flips new? Or was that in the original? If it was I never noticed it before and I love it.

Its-A-Me.....MARIO! *gold*

C63Hk7Pl.jpg

Now for the gold kart parts.

Ein Bear

I'm guessing the answer is no, but just to double check: is there a way to have player 2 signed in to their own account when you're playing splitscreen? It's not a huge deal, but it would be nice to have the game save my girlfriend's kart preferences/have drive assist turned off for her, rather than having to set it up again every time we boot the game.

Flintty

Press the stick in a direction when you do a trick.

Forward = Front flip
Backwards = Backflip
Sides = Barrel rolls

I don't think they affect the boost but they're cool as hell.

I like the Link ones especially.

I just tried online for the first time. My god the pain. Things change so damn quickly.

smoothj

My MK8 download keeps failing. Haven't been able to play since buying it on the eshop. Any suggestions? I keep redownloading it and it gets an X at the end everytime.

Good races y'all. Time to do some 100cc single player.

Edit: Finally after 1500 coins, I got the Cat Cruiser. Now Isabelle can ride in style.

Shahadan

Why is the unlock system so braindead? Just unlock everything in one go!

It's probably so you feel rewarded for your progression everytime you do something and go back to the main menu.
It's a cool idea if you're playing offline and see your reward after completing a cup. Something new every now & then
It's terribly annoying if you're playing online.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
It's probably so you feel rewarded for your progression everytime you do something and go back to the main menu.
It's a cool idea if you're playing offline and see your reward after completing a cup. Something new every now & then
It's terribly annoying if you're playing online.

Yeah, I figure it's something like that. But as someone who's mainly been playing online, unlocking everything I've saved up for just becomes a dumb chore.

I'm using tilt controls!

What a shame!

Quick question. I don't know much about these aspects of the Switch, but could you use gamecube controllers (w/ wii u's gc adapter) for this game? If not, is that functionality ever coming at all for Switch, or is there no word?

TheMoon

is nobody playing this 2 player local + online to answer this?

Don't have my copy yet, but I need to know: can you do the thing again like on Wii U where you set up a proper second Nintendo Account, linked to another user on your Switch that then tracks their online stats and shows up independent of the main account?

I have a MK8 buddy which I do weekly races with and want to migrate over to Deluxe. Points score is serious business.

Quick question. I don't know much about these aspects of the Switch, but could you use gamecube controllers (w/ wii u's gc adapter) for this game? If not, is that functionality ever coming at all for Switch, or is there no word?

no. zero legacy controllers are supported. GCN was not supported on Wii U either.

Top Bottom