• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe |OT| Deluxe Salt

BFIB

FINALLY IN 1ST ON GAF 150CC AND I GET A NETWORK TIMEOUT.

giphy.gif

Grizzo

those damn communication errors... just had one while racing in the GaF 150cc lobby...

omg Nintendo please do something about it

it's terrible

Getting gold in all of the 150cc cups was pretty uneventful. I'm not sure what I was expecting since almost everything is already unlocked at the beginning... But still. Meh.

BFIB

This game is just too much fucking fun. Even with the constant network timeouts, I still reload and quickly dive back in. I think having no loading time helps with that.

I just can't get over how much I am enjoying the Switch in general. Every time I play it, be it Zelda, or now MK, I just cannot believe I am playing this caliber of gaming in my hands.

Solo Act

I used to win or place top 3 in public games almost every time with MK8. I put down the game for a year or two, assumed I'd be a top player without any trouble, yet my best finish is 2nd so far - average finish is probably 5-7.

Anyone else experiencing a cold dose of reality between this game and the Wii U version?

BlisterBrown

Neo Member
Are people only getting the Network timeouts in lobbies? Me and the Girlfriend have probably put 6 hours into the online mode and haven't dropped a game or lagged once, pretty impressive so far. We've only played the standard matchmaking though

bonesquad

Yay! I finally got first in a GAF room (at least one with several people).

On a completely separate note, my new favorite track is the Bell Subway.

Betty

Banned
Boom first place in my first round of Gaf 150cc tonight.

Though how come am I not wearing the crown...

Now to get stomped.

de_reddy

Neo Member
Planned to try to do the grind for golden mario today, but it was easier than anticipated. Now moving on to beating all the ghost data.

Xemnas89

It's been awhile since I got first place. Feels good.

Make that two first place victories in a row. My luck should be going bad anytime now.

So do you guys stick with the meta karts, or just use what you like? It seems like it's pretty generally agreed upon that people should use heavy characters but I'm not sure how much that matters.

J@hranimo

Banned
So do you guys stick with the meta karts, or just use what you like? It seems like it's pretty generally agreed upon that people should use heavy characters but I'm not sure how much that matters.

I like to play with characters and karts I like. I understand what the meta is, but I don't care for all of that lol.

I like to play with characters and karts I like. I understand what the meta is, but I don't care for all of that lol.

Yeah. This is how I operate as well

Glad to hear it. I just think the default kart looks cool, so I like using it haha.

Switching gears, something I find really odd is how Yoshi Circuit doesn't seem to flow well at all in 150cc...Just played it at 100CC online for the first time and it flows so much better. Every other track seems based on 150cc except for this one.

Oh, and cheese land. but fuck cheese land.

psychotron

Can someone verify something for me? Playing with the pro controller, certain types of rumble are causing a noise to come from the controller. When I get a coin, it's guaranteed to make the noise. Mute your sound because it's not very loud, but it's audible for me. Just trying to see if my controller is making noises it shouldn't.

Can someone verify something for me? Playing with the pro controller, certain types of rumble are causing a noise to come from the controller. When I get a coin, it's guaranteed to make the noise. Mute your sound because it's not very loud, but it's audible for me. Just trying to see if my controller is making noises it shouldn't.
That's intentional.

Top Bottom