• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe |OT| Deluxe Salt

feel

How is this game so good?

I am 32 years old. I just got a switch and im feeling like im 7 years old. I cant decide to play Zelda or this
ok this...
and the joy im experiencing with both titles is like im new to gaming. I cant remember the last time I felt this way with gaming, its like im born again.
I could've made this post word by word, I'm even the same age.

The switch+zelda+mk8d experience is something of a throwback to the excitement for gaming I used for feel more than a decade ago, the Steam/ps4/xbox routine I've been in for a while just can't begin to compare.

Very excited for Nintendo's E3.

I could've made this post word by word, I'm even the same age.

The switch+zelda+mk8d experience is something of a throwback to the excitement for gaming I used for feel more than a decade ago, the Steam/ps4/xbox routine I've been in for a while just can't begin to compare.

Very excited for Nintendo's E3.

Haha, I'm almost the same age, too and pretty much the same thoughts.
Nintendo has hooked me again like back in the days of SNES and N64.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
200cc playing as Link: Fuck this shitty mode the game clearly wasn't designed for this. Completely the opposite of fun.

200cc playing as Baby Peach: Oooooo this is quite good actually this should be the default speed.

RDreamer

Finally got to play some multiplayer with my fiancé tonight. One big problem: both of us were experiencing huge issues with our joy cons. Our karts would randomly veer off to one direction as though we had that held when we didn't or even we're going in the opposite one. We'd run into a wall for a couple seconds and stay there.

I'm not sure what to do with this. It was basically unplayable. It doesn't seem like the desync issue because it was both and it wasn't actually desyncing the whole way.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Finally got to play some multiplayer with my fiancé tonight. One big problem: both of us were experiencing huge issues with our joy cons. Our karts would randomly veer off to one direction as though we had that held when we didn't or even we're going in the opposite one. We'd run into a wall for a couple seconds and stay there.

I'm not sure what to do with this. It was basically unplayable. It doesn't seem like the desync issue because it was both and it wasn't actually desyncing the whole way.

do you have steer assist turned on

Gotta be smart steering. It's on by default for some reason and confused the hell out of me too.

Murugo

Enjoyed getting my ass kicked by the community. Will play some more later on.

Still disappointing to see that persisting issue where players fall off the track and then reappear. I know it's to do with the net tick, but I imagine there are better ways to handle default kart behavior.

Nope.

Nope. I knew to turn that off since I had played a bit earlier. Also checked it when the issues were popping up and we tried to re sync.

It also wasn't every race or consisten either.

Accidental turned the motion controls on? Had that happen on the pause screen and thought i had a broken pro controller lol

RoadHazard

Gold Member

That is the issue. I get this all the time. Full desyncs can happen too, but are rare. Usually it's just as you describe, that the controller stops responding and gets "stuck" at a certain input. It's infuriating.

EDIT: Everyone saying it's smart steering or motion controller clearly hasn't experienced this issue. I get the exact same thing in Zelda too, where Link would get stuck running in one direction.

RDreamer

That is the issue. I get this all the time. Full desyncs can happen too, but are rare. Usually it's just as you describe, that the controller stops responding and gets "stuck" at a certain input. It's infuriating.

It was happening with both left and right though. Actually at the end way more with the right one.

Really puts a damper on things. We played for over an hour and had maybe 4 races where both of us didn't feel fucked by the controller. Otherwise one or the other was screwed.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
It was happening with both left and right though. Actually at the end way more with the right one.

Really puts a damper on things. We played for over an hour and had maybe 4 races where both of us didn't feel fucked by the controller. Otherwise one or the other was screwed.

I also have these issues with both my Joycon. It's more severe in the left one, but both are pieces of crap.

EDIT: Everyone saying it's smart steering or motion controller clearly hasn't experienced this issue. I get the exact same thing in Zelda too, where Link would get stuck running in one direction.

Joy-Con signals suck. May need to send them in.

Top Bottom