• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe |OT| Deluxe Salt

No Love

Banned
Mario Kart is expensive. Ended out shelling for another Pro Controller.

How much money off accessories is Nintendo going to make utilizing Mario Kart alone? 😮

arimanius

Ouff, at least I'm not last.

9fcb5e48fa46966ccb183159605b57aea923a633ed578308818e80169cfdbe24.jpg

robochimp

I haven't played Mario Kart since Double Dash, this game is great.

Now I want either an announcement of F-Zero Switch or an F-Zero MK track pack.

Love all the details in the Zelda course. The rupees, the sound when you get an item box...

You can tell it was a labor of love.

Really? I always thought it was a really boring course both layout and artistic wise that basically did the bare minimum it had to with the Zelda theme. Even Sonic Lost Worlds had a better Zelda spin.

Now, the Animal crossing track on the other hand... Okay, slightly boring layout again but it rolls far better with the AC theme.

As much fun as it is racing you all it gets really old finishing last or near last in every race...and some races I'm dead last after just a turn or two and never get a chance to even catch up (because if I do here comes red shells, backwards fireballs, piranha plants, etc to make sure I stay last)

Draconian

I'm not sure how I feel about Shine Thief having a time limit. I guess some games could be fairly lengthy without it, but I just played a highly competitive game and came in a four way tie for first, and it being called due to time is pretty unsatisfying.

RAWRferal

Finally got to play some multiplayer with my fiancé tonight. One big problem: both of us were experiencing huge issues with our joy cons. Our karts would randomly veer off to one direction as though we had that held when we didn't or even we're going in the opposite one. We'd run into a wall for a couple seconds and stay there.

I'm not sure what to do with this. It was basically unplayable. It doesn't seem like the desync issue because it was both and it wasn't actually desyncing the whole way.

Anyone else experiencing this?

We experienced this, but bizarrely it was only happening with 2P, regardless of whether we were using the Joycons or Pro controller.

The solution?

Make sure the motion controls option is deselected in the options!

Seriously was about to go crazy until I noticed it was enabled, the icons are not very clear at showing the status of the assists at a glance, especially for this one!

MAX PAYMENT

Mario Kart is expensive. Ended out shelling for another Pro Controller.

How much money off accessories is Nintendo going to make utilizing Mario Kart alone? 😮

Yeah. I'm getting a pair of joycons and a charge grip.
So combined, I'll have 2 "traditional" controllers that can break down to 4 controllers.

Cynosure

too often I get dragged back from the last 3 hitting me with red shells.
that makes about as much sense as the first 3 getting stars...which never happens, so why does 10th place get 3 red shells? 😣

nikos

I'm starting to winder how much character and kart stats actually matter with the amount of BS that happens during races.

J@hranimo

Banned
Every time I join the 150cc tournament I get placed in a lobby of my own.

Yeah this is kinda a "luck of the draw" type of situation when joining the tournament room. Usually I just join someone on my friend's list and if they're in the tournament then bingo!

Top Bottom