• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 DLC |OT| DLC done right

AdanVC

Just finished the Egg-Cup on Grand-Prix to familiarize with the new tracks... What can I say. This is DLC of the year!!! this actually doesn't feel like DLC, it feels more like an Expansion Pack because each track is extremely polished and detailed and charming and colorful. And then there's the Mute City track! I've never imagine I would be racing as Link in a Mario Kart game while driving the Blue-Falcon in a F-Zero themed track. Well done, Nintendo. VERY FREAKING WELL DONE <3

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01szs3a.jpg

I will join online racing with you guys tomorrow! It's 4 am here and I'm exhausted x_x

It kinda feels like the F-Zero track has less gravity compared to the others, makes it feel kinda awesome. Also, I can't wait to see the Animal Crossing track.

Nbz

What do I need to do for it to unlock on my system? Bought it yesterday, but isn't giving me access yet

EDIT: Woops, ignore me, didn't realise it was downloading in my DL manager

Dereck

I'm done guys, that was a great DLC debut.

Not choosing small characters anymore. Thanks for tuning into the stream, we'll do it again. ggs

Am I the only European here? ;b If not, how come all of y'all have time to play 10-12 in the middle of a Thursday? I'll be playing tonight; usually the GAF rooms are empty on European evenings but maybe now with the new DLC people will be playing :) Otherwise hopefully there are DLC games online worldwide too!

ffdgh

So...Was it jarring playing yoshi circuit for the first time for anyone else? Mk8 courses never had these many turns lol.

Baleoce

Just played Egg Cup.

Prettty good tracks overall. I enjoyed Dragon Driftway and Mute City the most. Think I'm gonna have to rock the blue falcon and captain falcon amiibo xD Excitebike Arena was also a lot of fun, and given the variation of the track and the long straights, for me it makes for a more interesting Baby Park. Yoshi Circuit was cool too. If you're tricking / boosting like a madman, Link's sounds get old pretty quick xD

Gonna try out the Triforce Cup now.

Am I the only European here? ;b If not, how come all of y'all have time to play 10-12 in the middle of a Thursday? I'll be playing tonight; usually the GAF rooms are empty on European evenings but maybe now with the new DLC people will be playing :) Otherwise hopefully there are DLC games online worldwide too!

I'm in a room full of Yanks and I'm repping the UK

Top Bottom