• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 DLC |OT| DLC done right

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
So excited to download this tonight. Hopefully there will be some dudes in the GAF room (dirty Euro peasant, here).

This is freaking awesome!

Played the Zelda and F-Zero tracks, they're both fantastic! I have to work now, but I'll join you guys later!

The new tracks are very good - especially Mute City and Hyrule Castle. Everything is just so lovingly done and polished to a tee. Oh, and the music. Dear Lord, the music in this game. The F-Zero remix they made for the Mute City level might be my favourite single piece of music in years.

EulaCapra

Never liked Wario's Gold Mine... and still don't like it now.

I knew Hyrule Circuit would be too simple from the vids... And it is. Ice Ice Outpost looked weak in vids, but the 2 tracks constantly intertwining is deceptively great.

Excitebike Arena is soooo fun. SNES Rainbow Road, Dragon Driftway, and Mute City will be hard for casual friends... but they're SO. DAMN. GOOD!

Lé Blade Runner;138662671 said:
The new tracks are very good - especially Mute City and Hyrule Castle. Everything is just so lovingly done and polished to a tee. Oh, and the music. Dear Lord, the music in this game. The F-Zero remix they made for the Mute City level might be my favourite single piece of music in years.
Yeah, the Mute City remix is fucking ridiculous.

Prototype

not sure how I like the Master Cycle.

Cant tell if I just am rusty at the game or if the Sports Bike is a better fit for em\\

Sickbean

Guys, I've been out of the loop for a while -

Did they ever fix that issue where every 59th frame would skip/double whenever CPU racers were on track?

oti

Banned
HEY THIS F-ZERO TRACK IS KINDA COOL I GUESS THEY SHOULD MAKE A GAME BASED ON THAT TRACK OR SOMETHING

Baleoce

Just finished Triforce Cup.

Wario's Gold Mine, looks lovely. Not much has really changed though in all honesty.

SNES Rainbow Road. One of my favourites, and I love it. The pale moonlight is a perfect background aesthetic. The music is lovely, and the thwomps affect the track aggresively, which is great. I was pretty pleased with this one.

Ice Ice Outpost. I like that they were experimenting with a track that has longer multiple routes. A bit dull overall though.

Hyrule Circuit, Lovely. Music is great and it's just a fairly open and fun track overall. Out of the two cups I'd say I preferred the Egg Cup. But between them both, there are some really fun new tracks here.

I played both cups on 50cc before work with Tanooki Mario and Cat Suit Peach.

I didn't like SNES Rainbow, but maybe it's just becaus I was driving alone on 50cc lol

Apart from that I'm happy!

Can't wait to play Mute City on 150cc, try out Link and the Blue Falcon and hook up with Kart GAF again, the best MK players I've ever met :)

Oidisco

Hyrule Circuit is a really fun track, but I kinda wish it was a bit longer or more complex. Definitely would've liked the castle section to have been longer.

Just downloaded and updated my wii u. Great update! Lots of fun.

Definitely loving the F-Zero track the most. Zelda comes in at a cool second place.

Delio

Ice Ice Outpost is amazing with a full room of aggressive players. Items flying everywhere and people moving between tracks. Had someone toss a bomb to the upper track and crush me haha.

Mute City,SNES Rainbow Road and Excite Bike are my favorites.

Molemitts

I ordered a Wii U with Mario Kart 8. It should be here Friday, but do you think it's worth just going right in and buying the DLC right away? I love Mario Kart, so I'm probably going to get it anyway.

Dragon Driftway has the same problem as the new Rainbow Road for me (new as in special cup, not SNES one). Can't drift sharp enough around the massive corners.

Or maybe I just suck.

HUELEN10

Remind me who are you in this room lol
image.php

Top Bottom