• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 DLC |OT| DLC done right

Esiquio

DLC downloads on the Wii U are confusing. I went to the eShop a short time ago and checked to see if I could download the DLC from there...I couldn't. It shows as Purchased, but you can't download from there. So then I decide to see if you have to do it through Mario Kart 8, so I open up the game. Before it opens up, a download screen comes up saying it will take 10 minutes to download the update, so I let that go through. When it's finished, I open up Mario Kart 8, but nothing is different!

I exit and open Mario Kart 8 again, but it says updating again, 3 minutes this time. I don't understand what's happening, why it's not a prompt on the main menu, or manually downloadable from the eShop page. The way it's set up now is kind of confusing. Thoughts?

Roo

image.php

I'm still waiting :3

Btw, Roo wasn't planning on staying up :p
lol I know!
This is so addicting tho D:

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Hope the standby download kicked in so it's ready for when I get back home.

Managed to avoid most of the track details and music so I have a lot to look forward to.

Burning Justice

the superior princess
I was just looking at character/vehicle stats, and noticed something: Tanooki Mario and Cat Peach have unique stats. They are not the same as regular Mario and regular Peach. Specifically, they each have higher Acceleration, but lower Weight, than their standard counterparts.

Tanooki Mario:
Speed: 3.75
Acceleration: 2.75
Weight: 3.5
Handling: 3.25
Traction: 3.75

Mario:
Speed: 3.75
Acceleration: 2.5
Weight: 3.75
Handling: 3.25
Traction: 3.75

Cat Peach:
Speed: 3.25
Acceleration: 3
Weight: 3
Handling: 3.75
Traction: 4

Peach:
Speed: 3.25
Acceleration: 2.75
Weight: 3.25
Handling: 3.75
Traction: 4

Also, here are the CORRECT stats for Blue Falcon and Tanooki Kart:

Blue Falcon:
Speed: +.25
Acceleration: +.25
Weight: -.25
Handling: 0
Traction: -.5

Tanooki Kart:
Speed: 0
Acceleration: -.25
Weight: +.25
Handling: -.25
Traction: +.25

Arclaid

SNES Rainbow Road is the only dlc track I'm competent at. Some of those turns on Yoshi Circuit are destroying me.

Dragon Driftway has the same problem as the new Rainbow Road for me (new as in special cup, not SNES one). Can't drift sharp enough around the massive corners.

Or maybe I just suck.

Yeah, that turn near the shortcut ramp has given me some problems.

Frantic tournament for the DLC.
chansub-global-emoticon-1ddcc54d77fc4a61-28x28.png
So much for ever getting a good group of players (in terms of numbers) going in a room with the default rules.

Definitely looking forward to playing the tracks. Mute City looks amazing and the other tracks seem to be like a lot of fun too.

Does anyone know what the exact DLC and mandatory patch sizes are so far (excluding the optional Mercedes DLC)? I'm on an 8gb system which has 3.4gb left after the system update and the display cards we got in at work said each pack would require 2gb which is a big concern.

ffdgh

I can confirm that VR definitely has been fixec :D. You gain more for top spots again and lose much less for lower spots post patch.

Also God I suck at the new tracks online >_<.

Roo

Ok, I'm done. That was fun. I love the new tracks, all of them. Nintendo did an amazing job. GGs everyone :)

dock

Does anyone know what the exact DLC and mandatory patch sizes are so far (excluding the optional Mercedes DLC)? I'm on an 8gb system which has 3.4gb left after the system update and the display cards we got in at work said each pack would require 2gb which is a big concern.

About 1GB in total, with the update. From here

Update is 221MB big and should be available everywhere (EU, NA and JP). And looks like the DLC is out too! When you've updated, just launch Mario Kart 8 and should get a message asking you if you want to download the DLC. DLC is 687MB.

Top Bottom