• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 DLC |OT| DLC done right

Dr Prob

Banned
Unrivaled in going from first to dead last. It's my specialty:

y4KmIbt.gif

Fuck you guys.

Kouriozan

Forgot how the CPUs can snipe you with green shells, especially in Ice Ice Outpost, green shells bounce everywhere in that track.
Anyway, took me a week, but finally got 3 stars in each cup.

I should be doing a little bit of MK8 tomorrow, even if it winds up being just Worldwides. You see, while I have Smash, I don't have a GCN adapter yet and I can confirm that my execution is complete garbage with the GamePad. So it'll be a bit before I really get into that game.

TriBlade

Question,

the last time I race on GAF frantic, my points was about 50 but I have to stop play for a few days because of internet trouble and when I play again my point is at 1,000.

Anybody know why?

Azure J

It was simultaneously awesome and sad seeing everyone who usually populates the MK8-GAF rooms on my Smash buddy list today. :lol

Y'all need to message me for battles though.

So what character/kart/wheels combo are people rolling with these days?

If you're boring: heavy character with high speed and slim wheels.

If you're fun: your own style! Pick whatever you think feels fun. I always roll Metal M with my standard bike (forget its name; it's pretty fast but not top-speed and feels great), golden wheels and Hylian Kite (replaced my Bowser Kite when the DLC came out).

Griss

There is an astonishing amount of posts in this thread for a simple track/character DLC pack.

And you know what? It deserves it. All these issues with games released this year, and yet Mario Kart 8 somehow outdid it's own incredible hype machine. 6 months later, the game is still delivering. Bravo Nintendo.

Grizzo

Haha MK8 dying because of Smash? everyone called it! It'll be brought back to life when the second pack of DLC is finally available (...in 4 months)

It was simultaneously awesome and sad seeing everyone who usually populates the MK8-GAF rooms on my Smash buddy list today. :lol

Hope you'll still be playing when Europe finally gets it :(

TMC

Which tournament code is being used the most? I have 3 or 4 added, but never see anyone playing in them like the original OT tournament rooms.

EDIT: Guess nobody actually is playing :p.

Azure J

Haha MK8 dying because of Smash? everyone called it! It'll be brought back to life when the second pack of DLC is finally available (...in 4 months)

Hope you'll still be playing when Europe finally gets it :(

I'll be alternating between Kart and Smash regularly. I'm enjoying both of these entries quite a bit. I'd say much more than their respective entries on Wii.

Azuran

Banned

I think you'll agree that we all need to have a Rosalina only match on Mario Circuit to commemorate the greatness of MK8.

Azure J

I think you'll agree that we all need to have a Rosalina only match on Mario Circuit to commemorate the greatness of MK8.

I wish if 8 player Smash was online enabled. We could finally settle age old rivalries the proper way.

#RosalinaSquad vs. the world. I could also pick Norfair and pretend it's Grumble Volcano to make JC's DK hold that shit.

DaBoss

I looked at my Win/Loss records against some people in my friends list. And I realized something. The best part of having a positive record against someone for me is the fact I've lost many races due to ragelosing. So if you have a negative record against me, then you've got some work to do. :p

Though the last time I did that was ages ago.

Top Bottom