• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 DLC |OT| DLC done right

ffdgh

Cool now give me game play videos Nintendo. We got the zelda dlc sooner than "late november" on the 13th.

Unrelated but Google Chrome is dying a slow and painful death on this page lol.

Roo

Yeah, the late May part is basically a placeholder.
I can see them sitting on the DLC until the very last week of May to celebrate the 1st Anniversary, etc tho.

Anyway, iirc, the B Dasher reveal was the first gameplay footage we got from the first DLC pack (September 25th) so we should see something this month.
Plus, we're (probably) getting a new Nintendo Direct this month too so chances to see something from pack two in a few weeks are high.

That's great news! I wonder when will they release Splatoon?

Probably May 22th. I honestly can't see them releasing the game before that.

All I know is that the sooner I get my fucking Dry Bowser the better. He's my favorite Mario character.

That and I really want this advertising out of my Mario Kart.

I used Dry Bowser a lot in Wii too. I initially used Daisy a lot but later stopped using her so much. Towards the end I used primarily regular Bowser though because I did slightly better with him (he's my 3rd favorite Mario character. My 2nd favorite is just ass in Wii unfortunately).

I didn't play Wii a ton though, especially after the first couple months. It was still fun to dabble in occasionally however.

ffdgh

Really hope Villager and Isabelle are medium weights. 12 lightweights is already pushing it. >_>

Mario kart wii mains? All the babies(except mario), toadette(offroad) and dry bones.
Peach, Daisy, Yoshi, mii
Bowser, Waluigi, Rosalina, mii

Gattuso

i'm curious to see what new vehicles we get in this pack.
also, running out of room to store memories
ibbaEaiN4eI5Vu.PNG

Roo

Really hope Villager and Isabelle are medium weights. 12 lightweights is already pushing it. >_>
No chance in hell.
Maybe Villager in the same weight class as Tanooki Mario/Cat Peach
but Isabelle is definitely a lightweight

i'm curious to see what new vehicles we get in this pack.
also, running out of room to store memories
ibbaEaiN4eI5Vu.PNG

Why don't you delete all the videos you upload to youtube?
Or get a cheap external HD if memories are hard to let go lol

Edit: I just noticed the space itself is really small
I have not seen a laptop/PC with less than 500GB in years lol

Gattuso

No chance in hell.
Maybe Villager in the same weight class as Tanooki Mario/Cat Peach
but Isabelle is definitely a lightweight

Why don't you delete all the videos you upload to youtube?
Or get a cheap external HD if memories are hard to let go lol

Edit: I just noticed the space itself is really small
I have not seen a laptop/PC with less than 500GB in years lol

well my campus did supply us with the lowest end laptops they could find and I've disliked this thing ever since I got it. apparently an iPhone 6 has more power than this from when I was looking up specs and stuff which is just..... don't have any income to get an external so guess i'll try to delete some of the videos, although the videos themselves aren't the ones taking up all the space I have but still a large chunk either way.

Roo

well my campus did supply us with the lowest end laptops they could find and I've disliked this thing ever since I got it. apparently an iPhone 6 has more power than this from when I was looking up specs and stuff which is just..... don't have any income to get an external so guess i'll try to delete some of the videos, although the videos themselves aren't the ones taking up all the space I have but still a large chunk either way.
Oh yeah, I forgot you mentioned your laptop came from your campus.
Sorry about that. Maybe I sounded rude. Was not my intention.
It's ok. Uploading videos of our races has been great but if you're running out of space then we all understand if you don't want to keep doing it :p

Merrick, if it makes you feel better, until 13 months ago I was using a computer from like 2004/5 that had a single core 1.8 GHz proccessor, 50-ish GB of hard drive space, and a Radeon 9550. And 2 GB of DDR1 RAM.

EDIT: This is one of those awkward moments where I forgot I had posted and didn't check to see if I had done so.

Gattuso

Oh yeah, I forgot you mentioned your laptop came from your campus.
Sorry about that. Maybe I sounded rude. Was not my intention.
It's ok. Uploading videos of our races has been great but if you're running out of space then we all understand if you don't want to keep doing it :p

you didn't sound rude to me, I guess I might have just came off a little poorly since it's just one thing out of a lot of things I wish were different. but I do love making the gifs and videos! it's my favorite thing to do, both when something good and bad happens :p

your laptop shark at least sounds way better for the time it was made than what I ended up in 2007 with as my very first laptop. single core 1.6GHz, integrated intel graphics, 70GB HDD, 512MB of ram, running windows vista basic and would BSOD somewhat often because it didn't have enough ram to even run. it wasn't even listed to buy on gateway's website so I have no clue how that cheap thing was found and given to me as a present.

Gattuso

lol, well my dad is a big penny pincher so it was kinda expected. it died near the end of 2010 because no one knows how to walk so 2 sets of chargers were ripped from tripping over it and the charging port was destroyed from shoving chargers that kinda sort of fit from other laptops, gradually ruining it to the point where nothing worked anymore.

lol, well my dad is a big penny pincher so it was kinda expected. it died near the end of 2010 because no one knows how to walk so 2 sets of chargers were ripped from tripping over it and the charging port was destroyed from shoving chargers that kinda sort of fit from other laptops, gradually ruining it to the point where nothing worked anymore.
...My god. :(

Gattuso

Ah, but were they as good as the times we fucked you hard up the ass in Mario Kart?
hahaha, close, I think the posts I get though edge that out :p
Merrick you ass, your random led to Shit Turnpike.
Why do you hate freedom Merrick?
MERRICK I HATE YOU!

...not really. But dammit, Mute City!
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=138896650&postcount=3017

Gattuso

haha :p
THAT'S BULLSHIT

I FINALLY GET AHEAD BY AIMING WELL WITH A GREEN SHELL AND MERRICK JUST GETS A RED ONE WHEN I GET A COIN

GOODBYE

Merrick completely fucked me right there.

Red Shell into Green Shell into Star powered DK into banana peel for a 2nd to last place drop in second lap. I felt like I was in a Marvel 3 TAC combo.
I'm pretty sure that is everyone here's strategy haha.

Also, my other strategy is to take out Merrick as far as humanly possible.

searching up my name in all the Mario kart 8 threads just yields so much enjoyment

Just remembered something.

Can the Frantic DLC tourney please be marked in the OP as the one that people actually play in? I would also like three reminders there:

1) Posting here to let people know you're on is a really good idea.
2) For some reason we tend to play at late hours (Unless you're Australian). Thus, the evenings are the best time to try to get some GAFers playing.
3) GAF rooms, if people are sandbagging like usual, are typically in the 10K to 12K range in terms of difficulty. If at least some of the regulars aren't sandbagging then it's harder than that, though. So, if you're getting your ass kicked in GAF rooms, don't worry; you don't suck, we just have no life.

These things are up to Roo of course, but I think at least making it clear in the OP that we typically play in the evenings would be a very good idea.

Roo

Can the Frantic DLC tourney please be marked in the OP as the one that people actually play in? I would also like three reminders there:

1) Posting here to let people know you're on is a really good idea.
2) For some reason we tend to play at late hours (Unless you're Australian). Thus, the evenings are the best time to try to get some GAFers playing.
3) GAF rooms, if people are sandbagging like usual, are typically in the 10K to 12K range in terms of difficulty. If at least some of the regulars aren't sandbagging then it's harder than that, though. So, if you're getting your ass kicked in GAF rooms, don't worry; you don't suck, we just have no life.

These things are up to Roo of course, but I think at least making it clear in the OP that we typically play in the evenings would be a very good idea.
I can do that. I don't think it'll make any difference since people literally don't bother to read the OP until they really want to play but I'll do it.
That sandbagging comment tho.. it hurt lol

edit: Would you guys be ok if I remove the other 3 tournaments? Both pre-DLC and Normal DLC?
I actually deleted them months ago from my Mario Kart Tournaments list so I don't know if they're even remotely active anymore.

Sandbagging?

I haven't played this in a while ;_;

It's an old term generally used for racing games.
Sandbagging in Mario Kart is basically hanging back waiting to be the last one to touch the item boxes in order to get a good item.
In Mario Kart Wii and past games you usually get a star, bullet bill, mega mushroom, lightning, golden mushroom but in Mario Kart 8 sandbagging does not guarantee you will get a good item rendering the whole thing kind of useless sometimes (that's of course if you're not playing frantic)

Derp I meant "screwing around and using our favorites instead of heavyweights". Poor word choice my bad.

The other 3 tournaments are dead AFAIK so I'm fine with removing them.

Hmm... You could just say that the room's roughly 10K - 12K VR in terms of skill if we're all using our favorites and a bit higher than that if we're using heavies.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

But I'm 3k, and I won some races against y'all, so yeah.

Roo

^ Heath pls...

Done.
I added a few more details and dissed Exentryk a bit :V
haha <3

Let me know if there's something else that needs to be changed

Roo

Heath are we all going to have to post our W/L ratios against you? :p

People new to here might need to add somebody first before they can join them in a WW so that should probably be mentioned. Otherwise it's great!

Do you mind if I add your NNID there? lol

btw, I changed the tournament banner.
Removed the "new" tag and changed its name to actual "NeoGAF Frantic DLC Tournament"

Top Bottom