• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 DLC |OT| DLC done right

ffdgh

Do you not remember Player? ffdgh's "I'm not that guy!" argument was kinda-sorta-maybe convincing...

...Until he used Ludwig later on on his main account and lagged just as much as Player did. So we know all about his alt now lol

Sorry. Gonna need more proof than that instead of the lag john.

Gattuso

LOL I just played it back with sound this time because my computer was muted this entire time and during the race and realized that, that's not the audio that's supposed to be there haha. i'll get it right next time

Roo

LOL I just played it back with sound this time because my computer was muted this entire time and during the race and realized that, that's not the audio that's supposed to be there haha. i'll get it right next time

I was actually wondering what were you thinking when the post-apocalyptic music was chosen lol

edit: as a test I'm actually impressed it went so smoothly. Will you be able to stream in HD in future races?
If not that's perfectly fine, I'm just curious.

Gattuso

I was actually wondering what were you thinking when the post-apocalyptic music was chosen lol

that caught me off guard when I pressed play lol. only fitting it got that as background music for the room haha
edit: well youtube kept complaining about the speed I was getting when I was trying to do 720p but I can try the next set of races

Roo

that caught me off guard when I pressed play lol. only fitting it got that as background music for the room haha
edit: well youtube kept complaining about the speed I was getting when I was trying to do 720p but I can try the next set of races

Cool. Thanks for all the effort :p

Roo

Can we please have Wii Bowser's Castle as a retro track for pack 2?

Nintendo please

ibiGgckUize2cM.gif

Roo

...Fanmade first place beats that sound decent? Why you gotta do this to me Roo? Was hoping Moonview highway, sherbet land, and mushroom bridge would have been there too. :(
It seems like the guy will make a frontrunning version for each song of previous games without one. Wii and GCN Rainbow Road (which are awesome if you ask me) are there too.

Heck, even those outdated SNES and GBA tracks sound amazing with 1st place beats.
You can request your personal favorite but you have to wait

@Andy, I love Mushroom Gorge and I'm sure it would look awesome so I'm ok with that too :p

I suck at rWGM so I uploaded a ghost. If you guys could look at it later and tell me if I'm doing anything wrong then I would greatly appreciate it.

Roo

I don't think the bridge would be an issue. DK Jungle and Yoshi Valley have bridges and they're not really really chaotic.
Now, if they place item boxes right before the bridge.. Holy shit.
No pls, that's probably my worst course in MK history.

Bring back the GCN one instead,
Azuran pls..

I don't think the bridge would be an issue. DK Jungle and Yoshi Valley have bridges and they're not really really chaotic.
They have rails. EDIT: As in, in Maple Treeway, you'd get hit by something and then somebody would bump you off.

Also, I have indeed gotten fucked on those bridges many times precisely because I had like no room to dodge a boomerang.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
They have rails. EDIT: As in, in Maple Treeway, you'd get hit by something and then somebody would bump you off.

Also, I have indeed gotten fucked on those bridges many times precisely because I had like no room to dodge a boomerang.

LMAO. Yeah, it would be so joy killer if we play frantic mode at Maple Treeway.

Do Waluigi Pinball have any narrow path?

Roo

The item boxes WERE before the bridge in 7. :p
MK7 didn't have the boomerang, piranha plant and MK8's stupid physics :p

I meant the second bridge. The long and narrow one. Tho you're right. The last one with rails is right after the item boxes and it can get pretty nasty. The egg spinning around does not help at all.

ffdgh

Oh yeah...That plant and mk8's fire flower exists. Last laps would be ruined every time in the middle of the group.

Roo

I think they'll do the same as the first DLC pack
5 new nitro tracks and 3 retro (1 new and 2 old)
Just let any Bowser's Castle (except GBA and SNES ones) be one of them
ibiGgckUize2cM.gif

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I think they'll do the same as the first DLC pack
5 new nitro tracks and 3 retro (1 new and 2 old)
Just let any Bowser's Castle (except GBA and SNES ones) be one of them
ibiGgckUize2cM.gif

Well. I couldn't help but wondering if they were planning to have 4 retro tracks but something happened middle of development since you can see first two tracks were retro for both cups except ExciteBike.

I wonder if they decided to nix Baby Park since items would be too chaotic for Baby Park. So they decided to go with ExciteBike with long oval track.

Roo

Retro courses revealed!

GCN Luigi Circuit
N64 Luigi Raceway
DS Figure 8
No please no
ibiGgckUize2cM.gif

Well. I couldn't help but wondering if they were planning to have 4 retro tracks but something happened middle of development since you can see first two tracks were retro for both cups except ExciteBike.

I wonder if they decided to nix Baby Park since items would be too chaotic for Baby Park. So they decided to go with ExciteBike with long oval track.

They could've made Baby Park as long as Excitebike if that were the case.
Baby Park was a good track in practice because its original game had items tied to specific characters.
It was chaotic in a fun way because it was only you and (maybe) your friends but it simply wouldn't work with today's items and online gameplay being a huge component now
People fail to see that.
The DS version and the Custom Tracks from Wii are living proof of that.
Without Double Dash's mechanics, that track is trash.

Top Bottom