• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 DLC |OT| DLC done right

Roo

Merrick, please tell me you're going to record our first 200cc races!! Please!!
We must keep them for posterity! D:
Tears of joy and sadness need to be documented :D

ffdgh

So someone noticed something weird...anyone sees what wrong with this gif?
2E-Cv3.gif

Mario got a mushroom out of thin air after going through coins. What does it mean?!

Sendou

So someone noticed something weird...anyone sees what wrong with this gif?
2E-Cv3.gif

Mario got a mushroom out of thin air after going through coins. What does it mean?!

My theory: you get a free mushroom when you collect your eleventh coin. Would make going for coins a bit more worthwhile even in such a fast mode.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Merrick, please tell me you're going to record our first 200cc races!! Please!!
We must keep them for posterity! D:
Tears of joy and sadness need to be documented :D

1st race:
inMCgLCOtcdkH.gif

My theory: you get a free mushroom when you collect your eleventh coin. Would make going for coins a bit more worthwhile even in such a fast mode.

he had 10 so it would be 12

maybe you have to hit 2 coins consecutively after collecting 10?

That sounds extremely overpowered
Especially when first place can get a lot of coins

He gets it right when he touches the first coin by the way

Sendou

he had 10 so it would be 12

maybe you have to hit 2 coins consecutively after collecting 10?

Well I mean he didn't get a new Mushroom because he already had one.

That sounds extremely overpowered
Especially when first place can get a lot of coins

He gets it right when he touches the first coin by the way

Considering that they claim you need to use brake in 200cc I don't think so. It's already plenty fast and hard to control. Mushrooms aren't going to be as good as they're in 150cc. Good player will be able to utilize them better obviously. Otherwise going for coins is going to be next to pointless.

Sendou

Why would it be pointless ? 20% speed is 20% speed (I think that's what it gives ? can't remember for sure)

Because looking at the trailer the carts will be hard enough to control already. What I mean is that it won't be 20% increase (or whatever it was in 150cc) anymore because you need to use brake more as your cart starts going faster. Giving you extra mushrooms offsets this.

DaBoss

Coins turning into mushrooms? I would probably be over the whole coins as items thing if that happens.
It's probably just dev tools to get shrooms just for trailer making purposes.

Anyhow. Anyone up for some races?
I could play in about 15 minutes.

Play in WWs?

Seriously guys, Nintendo is known to use cheats for trailers all the damn time.

They cheated in the Fossil Fighters: Frontier E3 Trailer, for instance. Had a certain vehicle you can get in the game well before you can actually get that vehicle. Don't read too much into this guys!

ffdgh

The weird thing is that they never did any blant cheats in any of the pre/post release stuff for mk8. Oh well time will definetly tell.

Well, for things like the GV cut they likely "hacked" the shrooms instead of getting those shrooms into 1st the old-fashioned way.

I think this is simply a case of nobody noticing that they had left in clear evidence of their hax.

ChrisD

dat Bullet Bill glitch on Yoshi Circuit. I was miiiiiiles ahead, but someone in like... seventh got a Bullet Bill and used it through the waterfall cut. Took them all the way to me, past me, and then kept going to right near the finish line.

Roo

Unless you have some mad skills, racing next to Toad's Turnpike's railings won't cut it anymore.
I wonder if using the antigravity walls would be a better choice this time around

ChrisD

Unless you have some mad skills, racing next to Toad's Turnpike's railings won't cut it anymore.
I wonder if using the antigravity walls would be a better choice this time around

Wait, did they change something about the course?

Edit: I just got disconnected right after the only other person in the lobby stopped moving. Coincidence? I think not.

Roo

Wait, did they change something about the course?

No?
90% of people race next to the railings because that's the fastest and safest way to get out of that track in one piece but now with the extra speed, it would be really hard to control, drift and whatnot using the same strategy.
Since the anti-gravity walls have boost pads and are practically hazard free, theoretically, they would be a viable solution for that track.

Roo

I think he's overestimating how good lightweights and/or how bad heavyweights will be in this new mode :p

I'll be using Dry Bowser almost exclusively that week anyway so I don't care if I really suck :V

ffdgh

People please I'm being hopeful at best. Gotta stay true to tradition so mario's getting first dibs on 200cc offline and online :D

Roo

It just hit me we will need to do Grand Prix again to win our trophies lol

edit: You know, some new stamps wouldn't hurt at all.
We didn't get any for pack 1

ffdgh

Yeah it would be great if the new tracks and characters finally got stamps.

I think I just realized what the final track for the bell cup would be... Rainbow Champion Road.

Do it, Nintendo.

Oh oh I hope I can get that one in my village, starting New Leaf later today. Chose it as my CN reward. :3

But seriously Dry Bowser will just eat the villager before he can get arrested. >_>

Top Bottom