• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 DLC |OT| DLC done right

Albo

got a sweet peel snipe last night, bounced it off the starting banner

ComplicatedTatteredAlpinegoat.gif

bonus gif, ww not gafcc but classic example of getting mario karted

ThunderousNervousKingsnake.gif

jorgejjvr

I wish you guys were into normal races or at least considered it from time to time. I feel that is where we would really see who the bests are. Frantic, while it can be fun, just feels too chaotic and just too much at times. There is no sense of consistency, you can do as well as you can, but you will still lose first place to a bullet bill, get hit by infinite amount of shells, and blue shells are as common as any other item. It can be fun yes, but there's no real sense of reward or consistency, while when I play normal and with good players you really get a sense of who is good, they usually tend to stay on top and if you mess up and end at the bottom (it is still Mario kart) a good player will know how to get back up. Anyways, just my two cents.

I am wondering if anyone here is interested in normal races, maybe we can do a tournament, even if it's just ONCE a week, I know we have one here but if people don't want to play normal endlessly, even just once a week. I was thinking we could instead have a tournament with let's say 32 races (or 16), with normal rules, set up for let's say every Saturday at 10 pm est (this is an example) and do that and we'll get a winner every week. And then everyone can go back to frantic if they wish. I think it could be doable. Normal races, at least once a week, in a tournament with limited set of races/courses, and that way we can change it around a bit and do something different once in awhile, and frantic can stay the main course if you guys wish. Let me know if anyone is interested

Would be nice to have a change of pace once in awhile

Roo

Eh.. I can't stand normal items. It's one of the main reasons why I don't like to play WW as much as frantic.

Even I'd dare to say normal is more prone to have random stuff hitting you than frantic.

Plus, we don't really play to see "who's the best" we're beyond that part me thinks. We play to screw people over HARD lol

Eh.. I can't stand normal items. It's one of the main reasons why I don't like to play WW as much as frantic.

Even I'd dare to say normal is more prone to have random stuff hitting you than frantic.

Plus, we don't really play to see "who's the best" we're beyond that part me thinks. We play to screw people over HARD lol
^

And when we don't have random player explosions like very recently we start out with WWs anyways.

That said, there will probably be a Normal 200cc DLC 2 tourney, too. We did last time and this time we don't have Smash and Pokemon to destroy us so we should have a decent playerbase for at least two weeks this time instead of just one. lol

Top Bottom