• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 DLC |OT| DLC done right

Roo

We need those countdown .gifs Heath used to make/post prior to this game's release.

This is more than likely the last set of new content we will get for this game so we should hype the heck out of it :3

9 days to go!!

I'm calling tomorrow for the new track trailer.

Will switch avatars to whatever one of you guys want me to switch it to if I'm wrong (only through the first week of the DLC release though!)

Roo

Where is the new track trailer

*heavybreathing.gif*
I'm starting to love your posts lol

edit:

Will switch avatars to whatever one of you guys want me to switch it to if I'm wrong (only through the first week of the DLC release though!)

Considering we got the full reveal trailer for pack 1 on November 5 (8 days before the release date) I think your chances of being wrong are small :p

Also, speaking of which, let's remember how exciting this trailer was back then :D

ffdgh

...If you insists.

ibfG67nV1SU8Ke.png

Neiteio

That's it

That's IT

Still no new trailer

There's only one explanation

Racism

That's right, I have a black friend

And Nintendo not releasing a trailer makes me sad

If I'm sad, my black friend is sad

This is just Nintendo's way of getting at my friend

Nintendo, release the new trailer now or face a public relations crisis of epic proportions

That's it

That's IT

Still no new trailer

Racism

Nintendo, release the new trailer now or face a public relations crisis of epic proportions

Calm down.

Andre from GameXplain said slyly that we should be seeing something "very soon".

It was so suspicious, I did voice analyzation and concluded that he's right.

I seem to be the only one that uses the shortcuts(at least the kickass one at the end).
Only the last one is faster when using an outside drifter, and that's only if you drift through it, and doing that is very risky in many scenarios. So that's why you don't see us do them very often, but I and a few others do do the last one when we feel it's both relatively safe and also necessary.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
That's it

That's IT

Still no new trailer

Racism

Calm down before you are giving yourself a heart attack.

Neiteio

Calm down before you are giving yourself a heart attack.
See, Nintendo is putting our health at risk

Nintendo, you can't do this to your fans

And after all the things I've done for them

Reggie, remember the time I helped you bury the remains of that hooker?

And Iwata, remember the time I made your most critical investors "go away?"

Be reasonable and release the trailer for another track NOW

(also make a new f-zero and metroid and mario strikers charged)

Five minutes, Nintendo. Five minutes to Falco trailer.

Roo

In his discussion of the supposed Mario Kart DLC Pack 2 leak(Baby Park, Neon Bowser City).

Near the end, he says something like I have a feeling we will be seeing something new very soon or something like that.

The way he says it sounds like he knows.

I just saw the video.
It doesn't seem like he knows anything. It sounds more like.. "the DLC is coming out in a little over a week so a trailer/reveal could happen anytime now"

I think it's funny even the press doesn't seem to know better than fans/average joe
iirc, press got their first DLC pack codes a week or days before the actual release date.

Your wish is granted!

buqjWCn.gif

YAYYY!!!!!!

Boney

Banned
Only the last one is faster when using an outside drifter, and that's only if you drift through it, and doing that is very risky in many scenarios. So that's why you don't see us do them very often, but I and a few others do do the last one when we feel it's both relatively safe and also necessary.
The hell is an outside drifter.

God I suck so much at this game

Anything that can firehop.

So anything that isn't a sport bike (Master Cycle, Jet Bike, Yoshi Bike, etc.)

'Cuz like sport bikes drift differently from the rest, so they're called "inner drifters" or "inside drifters" while everything else is called the opposite.

ffdgh

vehicles that that drift outward when turning.

All karts & ATVs
Certain bikes( Standard bike, flame rider, the duke, varmint, mr scooty)

Inward drift make sharper turns
(Sports bike, comet, jet bike, yoshi bike, Master Cycle)

Boney

Banned
Ah no wonder playing with the sports bike was so hard to use.
I kinda imagined most vehicles handled drifting very differently, but I just haven't used much of other vehicles other than standard bikes and karts

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Since Leaf Cup already exists what do you think they'll call the Animal Crossing logo cup since that can't also be called Leaf Cup?

New Leaf Cup?
Furniture Cup?
Crossing Cup?
Lewd Cup?

Roo

Today we're getting 200cc Toad Turnpike.

I actually want to see that <3
People already hate the track the way it is.
200cc won't help at all lol
Pure fun!

I'm actually excited to play in 200cc

-Excitebike Arena
-Bone-Dry Dunes
-Toad's Turnpike
-Dragon Drifway
-Rainbow Road
-Electrodrome
-Music Park

inb4 Toad's Turnpike goes from "This track is way too easy" to "This track is way too hard!"

...Not like it's easy to being with if you're in the pack due to the optimal path being very narrow, meaning one well-placed banana can potentially bone you if you have to choose between hitting the banana and a vehicle. Similar situation with people who run into a car and are in your path so you bump into them and thus also run into something, resulting in a huge clusterfuck.

Top Bottom