• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 DLC |OT| DLC done right

Azure J

I was going to come back on for a bit longer, but I'm beat. I'll upload these replays and call it a night. GGs KartGAF, it was fun. :)

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
It was pretty tough for me to trolling enforced so I can screw enforced on purpose but he kept screwed himself up then boom he got bullet bill or star. :(

Enforced pls

You weren't very good at it though. MK8 GAF are all trollsmiths.
Hmm, true.

For one thing I still actually tried to win so I rarely did more than slow down a little to hit someone with a tail or fire a single shell backwards.

Some of these guys, on the other hand, will throw a green shell at you and then, as you're recovering, throw another behind them to hit you again even though there are several people right in front of them. Or will go well out of their way to ram you with a star even though you went way out of your way to avoid them. Or will fire all their fire flowers backwards at you even though there's a crowd in front of them. Or will use their Lightning when half the room has invincibility and you're only at the beginning of Lap 2 so there wasn't really a need to do that unless you wanted to piss off the few who didn't have invincibility.

It makes for some... interesting... races.

Hmm, true.

For one thing I still actually tried to win so I rarely did more than slow down a little to hit someone with a tail or fire a single shell backwards.

Some of these guys, on the other hand, will throw a green shell at you and then, as you're recovering, throw another behind them to hit you again even though there are several people right in front of them. Or will go well out of their way to ram you with a star even though you went way out of your way to avoid them. Or will fire all their fire flowers backwards at you even though there's a crowd in front of them. Or will use their Lightning when half the room has invincibility and you're only at the beginning of Lap 2 so there wasn't really a need to do that unless you wanted to piss off the few who didn't have invincibility.

It makes for some... interesting... races.
This is intentional?! I was just assuming people don't check their maps. >[

Roo

This is intentional?! I was just assuming people don't check their maps.
That seems to be the case most of the time.
It actually happened tonight in one of our Thwomp Ruins races.
Someone in 9-10th used his lightning almost as soon as he got it but pretty much everyone in the bottom half either had bullet bills or stars. I was one of them so when he used it I was like.. dude, seriously, are you even trying?

Halfway through last lap, coming third, not bad.

CPU smashes me with a bullet bill, okay, that's a bit odd.

Fall into 7th place, get an item box to hopefully recover.

Triple bananas.

Balanced as fuck.

DaBoss

OK, so replay time:

A Mute City run so what I had to bust out the cell phone camera and put up a full replay
Rainbow Road

There were a few others with moments I wanted to catch but they were either convieniently out of the camera angles or just didn't show up at all. I wanted to catch the Justice moments with the blue shells, but that was just not happening.
That's some weak ass shit. Coin item while getting hit by a red, that's some standard MK8(tm) stuff. Then you got hit by other items? That's Mario Kart(tm). Please don't imitate greatness if it isn't close to it.

I got hit by a Blue Shell as a baby, which is also standard MK(tm) stuff. Now I decided to go along my merry way to get at least some okay position, but some Pink Gold Peach thought it would be perfect to drag my red shell now and the music note thing that jump and I just happened to land on it... Okay, did not expect that to happen, I can still place higher bottom half positions I thought, but then I drove forward and get squished by the music note.

It was at that point I realized the game was out to get me. I was broken. ;_;

But then I showed the game who's the boss and it can't hold me down forever. I hope this story inspires people to do amazing things.
Okay added the two things I'd said I would add to The List.

Keep it going guys. lol

@DaBoss: Oh forgot to mention this I think but if you make a gif of part of that vid I'll totally add it.
Alright, will make one today.

Tried to keep it around 5MB.
FPzfdiI.gif

Though I guess you would want the part where I turn around so I can go in reverse.

Some highlights from last night. I call it G O L D E N S H Y G U Y B O Y Z moments:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbxtwlzbzEA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHklOOe7XP0

I really hope that Nintendo stealth updates MKTV in the next patch. It's still really hard sometimes to capture a particular great moment in the races with the available options so more editing tools would be great.

Not that far
I was 3rd and saw it happen

At some point after the last patch Nintendo adjusted the RNG in WW/Regional to make the item selection closer to Frantic. It definitely seemed to happen when there was no software patch for the game so it must be something that they can change from the server side.

Roo

I really hope that Nintendo stealth updates MKTV in the next patch. It's still really hard sometimes to capture a particular great moment in the races with the available options so more editing tools would be great.

It would be cool if they included a mode where you can see the entire replay with the camera right behind the player. Just like a normal race/time trial.
Sometimes all these pretty camera angles don't capture what you really want to see so the experience is rendered useless.

Top Bottom