• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 DLC |OT| DLC done right

DaBoss

What the hell happened to my triple red shells? They just went straight into the wall/pillar next to the shortcut on Yoshi's Circuit.

Blues1990

Like with most of the other courses, with the exception of the Excite Bike, Hyrule Circuit, & Mute City, the DLC stages seem to be connected in some fashion. Such as the SNES Rainbow Road taking place (at night time) over the Doughnut Plains 3 course or Shy Guy falls being visible in the distance in Wario's Gold Mine. I'm unsure if Ice Ice Outpost or Dragon Driftway are connected to the other courses, though.

DaBoss

Seriously, fuck the green shells auto-aim. Like wow.

I had a green shell that came from a long while back just continuously bouncing till it hits me from the front.

Koodo

Banned
Kiii.

ibiYYJWUu4BAAQ.gif

Fandangox

Yeah Blue Falcon is the shit. It reminds of me the toad karts in double dash.

Oh man I've forgot about that one.

It was a bit hard to get used to the handling, but I've managed to break all of my old record time trials, well the ones I have tried, haven't done all yet.

J@hranimo

Banned
Oh man I've forgot about that one.

It was a bit hard to get used to the handling, but I've managed to break all of my old record time trials, well the ones I have tried, haven't done all yet.

Yeah I understand. It reminds of the toad karts in Double Dash because its so low to the ground so you really get that sense of speed and cornering around people lol. I should try TTs again and see how well I do.

Griss

All these Links and Tanooki Marios everywhere, and yet the odd Morton or Roy player is is still dominating every room I go into, lol. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

I'd love if Nintendo would release player data regarding the characters' win percentage and use percentage. Anecdotally, I feel like Morton, Roy, Rosalina and Bowser would all definitely be in the top 5 for win percentage. As for worst, I have no idea but I reckon the babies and Yoshi would be near the bottom. I'm not sure how many races I've been in, but I've got about 4,000 combined wins/losses so quite a few I'm sure!

J@hranimo

Banned
In the grand scheme of Frantic Mode with GAF aka "200cc" fire hopping won't give too much of an edge imo haha.

Especially with items flying everywhere!

AdanVC

Like with most of the other courses, with the exception of the Excite Bike, Hyrule Circuit, & Mute City, the DLC stages seem to be connected in some fashion. Such as the SNES Rainbow Road taking place (at night time) over the Doughnut Plains 3 course or Shy Guy falls being visible in the distance in Wario's Gold Mine. I'm unsure if Ice Ice Outpost or Dragon Driftway are connected to the other courses, though.

Woahhh I didn't know that! Dat attention to detail that makes you giggle when you see it. I did it when I saw the Peach's statue from Toad Harbor above on the city on the N64 Rainbow Road. Love details like those.

Roo

In the grand scheme of Frantic Mode with GAF aka "200cc" fire hopping won't give too much of an edge imo haha.

Especially with items flying everywhere!
I don't know, it has saved my ass a few times.
I don't do it in every single turn I take but it definitely helps, even in frantic.

Azure J

WHAT.

I thought it was Dinosaur Island in general but this might make more sense.

Edit: GAFcc is at least 400cc

Just saw Prob (w Wario) fire hopping.

I thought it's no-no in NeoGAF OT Races? That's what I have heard from other people.
Heath

I've firehopped in front of your face a ton of times

Please don't drink and drive

But yeah, it's been mentioned in this thread before. The "no firehopping" rule was gotten rid of a while ago.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Heath

I've firehopped in front of your face a ton of times

Please don't drink and drive

But yeah, it's been mentioned in this thread before. The "no firehopping" rule was gotten rid of a while ago.

I never saw you fire hopping to be honest. are you sure that you were driving front of me. :)

Top Bottom