• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 DLC |OT| DLC done right

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
I LOVE Mute City - proves Nintendo could make an amazing F-Zero game on the Wii U if they just wanted.

ChrisD

So who here will still be playing this when Smash hits? Didn't think about that until Omni's post. Poor DLC got one weekend.

ggs jerks. I rather be in first place because being in the middle is chaotic and I always get screwed in that position. I blame myself for making so many mistakes during our races.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Haha, I was racing on PeachyHime's stream and there was 1 person that had activated their gamepad microphone, but didn't talk and tapped on the pad instead so in between races we had tapping battles.

Marvie_3

Banned
So who here will still be playing this when Smash hits? Didn't think about that until Omni's post. Poor DLC got one weekend.

I'll be switching between this and Smash. I've been having way to much fun with MK8 online lately to put it down completely.

Dereck

Alternating

While we're on the topic, the Wii U has been my most played console this year, I am glad that the Wii U having no games is no longer an issue.

Dr Prob

Banned
So if I just sit around here in the Normal lobby I'll eventually join when someone leaves, right?

No. Basically if a room is full it will open up one or two (not sure how many really) spectating slots. When someone leaves, the spectator joins.

If both the room and spectating slots are full you'll be sent off to seed a new room.

No. Basically if a room is full it will open up one or two (not sure how many really) spectating slots. When someone leaves, the spectator joins.

If both the room and spectating slots are full you'll be sent off to seed a new room.
In 7 it was two and in 8 I'm pretty sure it's also two, even though there are more players ina room now, because Nintendo. It's definitely not one though, I can confirm that much.

DaBoss

The sound of green shells bouncing is what nightmares sound like.

GGs everyone.

I'll have to deal with finals, ORAS, and Smash, so MK8 will probably won't see a lot of action the next 2 weeks or so for me.

TeegsD

So how the hell am I supposed to get in que for the main room?

I just keep trying to join a friends game rather than the tourney itself. Joining the tourney may throw you in an empty room, but when joining friends it just wont let you join if all slots are full

All right, I'm off for the night, need to get some sleep. Great games everyone, the new maps are quite good and I had a blast.

Methinks I need to mess around with a combination that has a bit more speed if I want to stand a chance. This combination is fun to goof off with but 1.75 speed isn't cutting it anymore.

Dereck

If you didn't pre-order both DLCs, does that mean that people who buy the DLC in the future will have to pay for both DLCs in full?

I'll probably get Smash, register the Club Nintendo code ASAP, try it for a week, and then go back to Mario Kart.

I can lie to myself all I want but that is what will probably happen.

Top Bottom