• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 DLC |OT2| You Got Boost Power!

Hahaha, some people have played the online game too much when they are choosing always the shitty hard circuits in the game lol

GG people, I could even win one in Hyrule circuit, felt like a champ hahaha.

hazukash

Quick question: I'm using the Wiimote + nunchuk. The B button is for drifting and Z is for using items. Is it even possible to brake with this controller setup without losing your boost?

Roo

Quick question: I'm using the Wiimote + nunchuk. The B button is for drifting and Z is for using items. Is it even possible to brake with this controller setup without losing your boost?
No. It's the only controller without a brake button.
I used to be in the same boat as you. Then I went with the Wii U Pro. It was hell at first but I'm comfortable with it now.

hazukash

No. It's the only controller without a brake button.
I used to be in the same boat as you. Then I went with the Wii U Pro. It was hell at first but I'm comfortable with it now.

This is unacceptable. What were you thinking Nintendo? I haven't been able to find a good deal on a Wii U Pro Controller... looks like I'm using the Classic Controller now.

Azure J

I'm still loyal to sport bike Daisy despite the inconveniences. 😢

Sport Bike master race.

Brake drifting... how did I just discover this MAGIC. 👀

A new [era] begins.

It seriously feels incredible once you start fiddling with it, but when you get that you don't need to hold the breaks down the whole way (my mental block was strong with this part)?

Fucking rainbows son.

GGs for now! I'll be back later.

Is that inside-drift? I'm really trying hard not to give up but some of these tracks are killing me with bikes :{

Yeah, it's inside drift.

EBreda

Ok, so if anyone can help me it would be greatly appreciated.

I fired up Eshop to download the 2nd pack (bought both expansions together last year) and I can't seem to find a link. It says "purchased" on the DLC page, but no download button.

So I left Eshop and booted up the game, which prompted an update. I waited for the update to finish, hit start, single player championship, both new cups are unavailable ("coming soon").
No new characters as well, last new ones I had are link and villager from the 1st expansion.
No 200cc either.

What am I doing wrong? Anyone?

Roo

This is unacceptable. What were you thinking Nintendo? I haven't been able to find a good deal on a Wii U Pro Controller... looks like I'm using the Classic Controller now.
To be completely honest, the Wiimote+Nunchuk combo is pretty much perfect the way it is. Where would you map the braking button? B is already taken and you *literally* can't map (-), 1 and 2 without holding it in a weird way and/or using your left hand (Nunchuk) to press the button on the Wiimote.

DaBoss

Ok, so if anyone can help me it would be greatly appreciated.

I fired up Eshop to download the 2nd pack (bought both expansions together last year) and I can't seem to find a link. It says "purchased" on the DLC page, but no download button.

So I left Eshop and booted up the game, which prompted an update. I waited for the update to finish, hit start, single player championship, both new cups are unavailable ("coming soon").
No new characters as well, last new ones I had are link and villager from the 1st expansion.
No 200cc either.

What am I doing wrong? Anyone?
Check if 200cc is an option in vs mode. If it's there, then you downloaded the update. If not, then delete the update and start the game again to start the update again.

Once that is done, go to the in-game shop to start the DLC download. Although it should prompt you to download it once you get to the main menu for the game.

EBreda

Check if 200cc is an option in vs mode. If it's there, then you downloaded the update. If not, then delete the update and start the game again to start the update again.

Once that is done, go to the in-game shop to start the DLC download. Although it should prompt you to download it once you get to the main menu for the game.

Perfect, thank you very much.
I'll do that later today!

Koodo

Banned
It seriously feels incredible once you start fiddling with it, but when you get that you don't need to hold the breaks down the whole way (my mental block was strong with this part)?

Fucking rainbows son.
Mhm, it's all about holding the brake drift long enough to make a turn but short enough to retain the boost.

Art tbh.

ffdgh

Isabelle with a golden mushroom sounds hilarious.
KuGsj.gif

Top Bottom