• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 DLC |OT2| You Got Boost Power!

Enforced

@ffdgh: I've actually been using that ramp to cut a bit of the level, but I didn't know you could cut THAT much of the course with it. That's good to know, especially since that section it cuts through fucking blows. :lol

That said, I demand that everyone watch this replay.

Super Bell Subway: One of the best instances of late game Mario Kart™-ing ever.

Also, here's Boney the savage and repeat offender stealing the fuck out of my match:

Wild Woods: I thought for sure I was going to get away from the red with that last mushroom.
lol roo got triple red shells twice at the end on Super Bell Subway.

I tried pipe frame with leaf wheels. It's okay, I still need practice. But tracks like dragon driftway yoshi's circuit, big blue, and others with sharp turns to another sharp turns gave me a hard. I usually lose control when I drift in a sharp turn then boost to another sharp turn. With light or medium weight characters, do you still use brakes in tracks that I've just mentioned?

DaBoss

I tried pipe frame with leaf wheels. It's okay, I still need practice. But tracks like dragon driftway yoshi's circuit, big blue, and others with sharp turns to another sharp turns during drifting. With light or medium weight characters, do you still use brakes in tracks that I've just mentioned?
Yea, I use brakes. Haven't used lightweights, only commenting on medium weights.

Roo

@ffdgh: I've actually been using that ramp to cut a bit of the level, but I didn't know you could cut THAT much of the course with it. That's good to know, especially since that section it cuts through fucking blows. :lol

Also, here's Boney the savage and repeat offender stealing the fuck out of my match:

Wild Woods: I thought for sure I was going to get away from the red with that last mushroom.

Holy shit, it looks way more chaotic with MKTV point of view lol
I saw all that shit around me and I was like

Running-away-GIF_1.gif

DaBoss

So I see Merrick's shell destroyed by a banana that was on the ground. Said banana didn't disappear yet, but I assumed it will. Said banana didn't disappear and then I slipped on it.

EDIT: If you are using a star and have an item wheel still spinning, and then lightning strikes, is the lightning making the item wheel disappear normal?

Boney

Banned

Ahem two wins there

ffdgh

So I see Merrick's shell destroyed by a banana that was on the ground. Said banana didn't disappear yet, but I assumed it will. Said banana didn't disappear and then I slipped on it.

EDIT: If you are using a star and have an item wheel still spinning, and then lightning strikes, is the lightning making the item wheel disappear normal?

Yep that's normal.

I think i'm up for some more salty fun.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

Yup. I had star power on during baby park once and had another star I was about to use and lightning still took it away even though I didn't get hit. Never knew that happened normally.

Azure J

I seriously want to know why Merrick is doing this well in 200cc. It feels like I could hang with him (and quite a few members of KartGAF) well enough in 150cc, but now everyone's just a Super Saiyan and I'm Krillin.

DaBoss

Was definitely not playing well at all today. Oh well. Gonna stop now. GGs everyone.

I'm not sure how Merrick was given 2 stars in a row in the first lap, but okay.

Enforced

I seriously want to know why Merrick is doing this well in 200cc. It feels like I could hang with him (and quite a few members of KartGAF) well enough in 150cc, but now everyone's just a Super Saiyan and I'm Krillin.
yeah Merrick did really well last night. I need to be good as him. :x

Burning Justice

the superior princess
I can pull it off with peach on the comet without too much effort.

Hop off the edge instead of drifting and just hold down to fly over the railing.
Practiced it some, and I'm finally at a point where I can fly over it pretty consistently.

Cannot for the life of me do it the way the guy in the video does, with outside or inside drift, though.

Azure J

So let me get this straight, the exact instant I get a triple shroom and a win condition that was a clean break from the pack, that's when you decide to swerve and hit me with a horn?

I don't care anymore, that shit is not fun. At all.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
So let me get this straight, the exact instant I get a triple shroom and a win condition that was a clean break from the pack, that's when you decide to swerve and hit me with a horn?

I don't care anymore, that shit is not fun. At all.

OH that was you. I decided to use horn because I felt someone is coming behind me.

Anyway, Good Games, everyone!

vaSQoCl.gif

Azure J

Don't even care that I lost on Rainbow Road 8, I won for being the only person to not fuck up the first turn while using inner drift and a heavy. :lol

Top Bottom