• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 DLC |OT2| You Got Boost Power!

LawfulTeemingFruitbat.gif

D:

MrPanic

One is mindless item spam while the other has some varied terrain with laps not lasting 8 seconds. It also has you at least avoid some stuff such as the last ramp at times or the mud.
A mindless item spam or a mindless straight way that occasionally changes which way you slightly have to tap your controlstick to, pick your poison.

But I didn't want to start a argument about which is better. For me that's asking which type of cancer I prefer and I'd rather have neither. All I said was that I prefer BP because it's over quicker which isn't actually a positive thing.

Did a test on MKS.

Got 1:20.6 for both Yoshi and Dry Bowser, in the City Tripper/Leaf combo in Single Player Versus with items off but coins on. Gonna do 5 rounds, starting in first, for both for a more accurate comparison. Because if they really are around the same speed for me on *MKS* then using a heavyweight would be silly.

Azure J

Uploading these two replays then heading back into the fray. The Super Bell Subway replay is goddamed amazing just for the camera work. I highly recommend everyone watch that one when it goes up.

DaBoss

That's what I'm saying.

Some of you keep on calling that the last ramp. It's not the last ramp. Stop forgetting about the actual last ramp! Poor fella. ;_;
No one cares about that last ramp.
It's just a habit from talking with Dahbomb so often elsewhere on the site. All "Da-" names get shortened like that. :p
Pls, no need for excuses using other members' usernames.
A mindless item spam or a mindless straight way that occasionally changes which way you slightly have to tap your controlstick to, pick your poison.

But I didn't want to start a argument about which is better. For me that's asking which type of cancer I prefer and I'd rather have neither. All I said was that I prefer BP because it's over quicker which isn't actually a positive thing.
I actually didn't like Excitebike that much in 150cc, but 200cc made it more fun for me.

MrPanic

I actually didn't like Excitebike that much in 150cc, but 200cc made it more fun for me.
Really? 200cc actually made it worse for me. At this speed you can pretty much hop over the grass and ink without slowing down so now I touch the controlstick even less than before. I don't know man, I just despise that track. Tried to like it, I just can't. Atleast BP is self-aware that it's supposed to be stupid.

Yep, Yoshi and Dry Bowser with the same City Tripper/Leaf combo are about the same speed on Mario Kart Stadium, for me at least. I average 1:20-ish with both characters. Oh and my lines with Dry Bowser were actually a lot better, at least that's how it seemed to me. I think it's because I had warmed up so much with Yoshi first. So it's possible that Yoshi is actually faster.

On Mario Kart Stadium.

A track without braking.

...Well damn flc was right after all.

Azure J

@ffdgh: I've actually been using that ramp to cut a bit of the level, but I didn't know you could cut THAT much of the course with it. That's good to know, especially since that section it cuts through fucking blows. :lol

That said, I demand that everyone watch this replay.

Super Bell Subway: One of the best instances of late game Mario Kart™-ing ever.

Also, here's Boney the savage and repeat offender stealing the fuck out of my match:

Wild Woods: I thought for sure I was going to get away from the red with that last mushroom.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
@ffdgh: I've actually been using that ramp to cut a bit of the level, but I didn't know you could cut THAT much of the course with it. That's good to know, especially since that section it cuts through fucking blows. :lol

That said, I demand that everyone watch this replay.

Super Bell Subway: One of the best instances of late game Mario Kart™-ing ever.

Also, here's Boney the savage and repeat offender stealing the fuck out of my match:

Wild Woods: I thought for sure I was going to get away from the red with that last mushroom.

I dunno how the replays work but if you focus on me you can probably see more of what happened. I got a crazy 8 so I know one of the explosions was me mashing shit out and I was in the middle of the pack, lol.

Top Bottom