• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 DLC |OT2| You Got Boost Power!

Exentryk

I have 760 wins against you on my end. Wonder why that is...

Actually Roo did mention his numbers and my numbers didn't match when we shared these figures earlier. No idea why it's different.

EDIT - Check that number after we've played again tomorrow or something. We can count the races or something lol.

Omnicent

You know Omnicent defected right?

don't believe his lies. I still play morton from time to time. After watching Nick on Wario last-night I need to step up my heavy game.
Going to try out a Morton Mr. Scooty Build. I hope it works out.

Also hope I can race with you tonight Exentryk. Pour the Morton salt on everyone

Exentryk

don't believe his lies. I still play morton from time to time. After watching Nick on Wario last-night I need to step up my heavy game.
Going to try out a Morton Mr. Scooty Build. I hope it works out.

Also hope I can race with you tonight Exentryk. Pour the Morton salt on everyone

Nice. I should be up for another 4 odd hours. So hopefully we can get some races in that time. ^^

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
all you guys playing 200cc? Because I think my kart sucks, well, I suck at that speed. I may have to dust off my old bike just to try to finish NOT last :p

Exentryk

all you guys playing 200cc? Because I think my kart sucks, well, I suck at that speed. I may have to dust off my old bike just to try to finish NOT last :p

Yeah, it's all 200cc now. Get something with high handling and acceleration and you'll be fine.

NEO0MJ

Man, 200CC is something else. I haven't played in a long time but still, it really messes wit my timing. It's the only reason I lost so much today!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Finally. The grind is over.

iboonRCY7Z4ZZ1.jpg

BowieZ

Banned
I lost my USB stick with all my games and save data :( so I'm starting fresh.

Finishing redownloading the DLC... I'll be with you with my standard kart soon ...

Mario Kart 8 ver. 4.1 has been released.

• Improved the overall gameplay experience
• 200cc and Mirror Mode are now immediately unlocked

Not sure how I feel about this. Firstly, I wish Nintendo would document what "gameplay experience" specifically means. Is it the online infrastructure? Is it actual tweaking of the levels? What about kart stats? Item distribution?

The second part, the immediate unlocking of 200cc and Mirror Mode... again, I have mixed feelings. If a player is unable to handle 150cc, surely they won't be able to handle 200cc? The only unlockable tied to Grand Prix now is the Golden Kart. The greatest shame with not having unlockable content is that you remove the feeling of progression from the player. This is only positive for the advanced gamer who wishes to skip 150cc and go directly into the most challenging difficulty. This is even more ironic when you consider 200cc is not part of the process of unlocking the golden kart part.

For people who thought their game was glitched and lacked the new 200cc mode, surely Nintendo could have simply put a lock symbol on top of the locked classes? It removes the element of surprise, but at least the player has something to look forward to.

They probably didn't change anything relevant because we didn't get kicked last night even though we were playing online when the patch went live, suggesting it's not needed for online.

ffdgh

Not sure how I feel about this. Firstly, I wish Nintendo would document what "gameplay experience" specifically means. Is it the online infrastructure? Is it actual tweaking of the levels? What about kart stats? Item distribution?

The second part, the immediate unlocking of 200cc and Mirror Mode... again, I have mixed feelings. If a player is unable to handle 150cc, surely they won't be able to handle 200cc? The only unlockable tied to Grand Prix now is the Golden Kart. The greatest shame with not having unlockable content is that you remove the feeling of progress from the player. This is only positive for the advanced gamer who wishes to skip 150cc. This is even more ironic, as 200cc is not part of the process of unlocking the golden kart part.

For people who thought their game was glitched and lacked the new 200cc mode, surely Nintendo could have simply put a lock symbol on top of the locked classes? It removes the element of surprise but at least the player has something to look forward to.

mirror mode is not a surprise anymore and many would prefer to skip the fluff of unlocking it.

mirror mode is not a surprise anymore and many would prefer to skip the fluff of unlocking it.

For older gamers perhaps. However, newer gamers who have not experienced Mario Kart would not know of this mode. The real solution is if Nintendo had a surprise for veteran Mario Kart players as well as newcomers.

On one hand, that could've gone much better. Fuck all of you who rustled me around on the stretch after the first turn and ultimately sent me flying off.

On the other hand I'm well out of 129xx hell now. <3

Thanks for choking! <3
For older gamers perhaps. However, newer gamers who have not experienced Mario Kart would not know of this mode. The real solution is if Nintendo had a surprise for veteran Mario Kart players as well as newcomers.
We're talking about modes already unlocked in Versus from the very start. So no they aren't a surprise

Roo

The second part, the immediate unlocking of 200cc and Mirror Mode... again, I have mixed feelings. If a player is unable to handle 150cc, surely they won't be able to handle 200cc? The only unlockable tied to Grand Prix now is the Golden Kart. The greatest shame with not having unlockable content is that you remove the feeling of progression from the player. This is only positive for the advanced gamer who wishes to skip 150cc and go directly into the most challenging difficulty. This is even more ironic when you consider 200cc is not part of the process of unlocking the golden kart part.

For people who thought their game was glitched and lacked the new 200cc mode, surely Nintendo could have simply put a lock symbol on top of the locked classes? It removes the element of surprise, but at least the player has something to look forward to.

Guess asking something like 40 and 48 tracks option for VS mode is too much to ask for Nintendo...

Top Bottom