• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 DLC |OT2| You Got Boost Power!

Burning Justice

the superior princess
So...drifting and braking obviously are important here. Do you...
1. Brake before starting a tight turn?
2. Brake immediately as you enter a turn?
3. Begin braking in the middle of a sharp turn?

Generally if I need to brake, then I do it once I'm a certain distance away from the outside of the track. On a lot of tracks, this is right after I start turning sharply, but on some of them I can take part of the turn okay without braking, but then brake once I need to.

When you "brake drift" do you...
1. Pump the brakes (hit the brake button a lot)?
2. Hold the brake button?
3. Tap the brake button when you feel you are getting off course?

I generally hold it until I'm going slow enough to take the turn tightly (but not slow enough to lose my drift), then release and speed up. If I start going to the outside again, I'll brake and release again. I'm not certain if it's actually faster to do it that way or not, though.

When you inevitably get off course while drifting...
1. Continue holding down accel and try to correct via analog stick?
2. Try to correct with more braking?
3. Let up on the accel because you know your gonna crash into something?

If I'm certain I'm going to go off course, and brake drifting won't fix it, then I let go of the accelerator and brake hard.

It's hard to describe this, but you might want to try taking sharper turns starting from closer to the outside edge (though not too far outside, since you won't take the turn as quickly) and going inward as you're drifting so you end up closer to the inside edge. Also, if you're not already doing this, you might want to try using light characters and focusing as much on handling as possible. You'll have a much easier time taking turns that way (though no matter how high your handling is, you will still have to brake sometimes).

?oe?oe

I was doing some 200cc GPs. Got three more cups to 3 star. I got 99 stamps... I can't remember which character I've yet to use. Waluigi is my most played and I just got his stamp... yeah....

You guys playin'?

Burning Justice

the superior princess
You seem fine to me.
Your item luck is what keeps bringing you down lol

I still need practice on a few courses, I guess. I crashed a couple of times on Mount Wario, and turned a bit too early when using a mushroom to cut across the grass in Mario Circuit GBA.

Yeah, I could definitely use a bit more luck though, lol

Roo

lol. I was right behind you, then you swerved to take Enforced out, handing me the win.
I seriously need to use the rear view more often.
Ever since I switched to the Wii U Pro is the feature I use less. Pressing X while holding Y just doesn't work for me.

Edit: GGs, Rezbit :D

Top Bottom