• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 DLC |OT2| You Got Boost Power!

Roo

Why not use A button?
I actually tried A the first three days or so after the DLC pack came out.
I think someone suggested using Y was more comfortable, I gave it a try and I really liked it.

Edit: I'm not saying I don't use rear view at all. I do, but not as often as I used to compared to Wii Remote+ Nunchuk

Enforced

Red shell my ass.
You fell :x

Edit: take that!
And where the fuck did Justice come from? D:
I want to quote this again. I want to make better understanding on what im trying to say.

On big blue. I didnt fell. I bumped to the wall that slowed me down little bit. Then the red shell it me when im second. On wild woods, I did fell at the end. :p

Roo

Not sure if it's only on my end but ever since the second DLC pack came out, I've noticed there's some weird lag in the map on the screen.
Players act normally in races where I can't see any obvious lag but their icons (especially after using a bullet bill) get stuck here and there in the map just to appear in their right position seconds later.
Does it happen to anyone else?

Not sure if it's only on my end but ever since the second DLC pack came out, I've noticed there's some weird lag in the map on the screen.
Players act normally in races where I can't see any obvious lag but their icons (especially after using a bullet bill) get stuck here and there in the map just to appear in their right position seconds later.

Yeah same here on gamepad.

Exentryk

Yeah, I've noticed a lot of icon sticking, even when people are not using any special items.

Enforced

Yeah I've seen that happen sometimes. But I don't think its a big deal though.

Roo

Interesting...
Yeah, I know it's not a big deal but I think it's weird it happens for all the tracks and not the new ones only.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
In other news, I've read a few comments here and there about how people don't like what Nintendo did to Ribbon Road and Cheese Land claiming they do not resemble their original versions at all. If it weren't because of their names and music, they pretty much could be entirely new nitro tracks.

I somehow agree (especially about Cheese Land) but I also think that with each new Mario Kart game, it's harder to keep the original essence of the oldest tracks intact (NES and GBA) due to their rather simplistic 2D nature and the fact that Nintendo keeps adding new mechanics like gliding, underwater and anti-gravity that require some drastic changes.
Over they years I've posted that SC is one of my favourites as it is the one I played a lot as a child (though going back, I'm not a fan of the turning and drifting in it, even when I played it non stop I tended to just trap the accelerator to turn a corner). I've also been a supporter of more GBA and SNES tracks coming back but recognised that flat stages look a bit plain in comparison to the newer 3D ones.

What they did with Ribbon Road and Cheese Land excited me. It's almost like we're finally seeing how the courses should have looked based on the small course images. Yeah, the disappearance of the mousers in Cheese Land is kind of sad, but overall I'm pro the total revamps of the old 2D courses. Besides, Ribbon Road may look gorgeous and completely different, but overall it is still a fairly flat course.

Exentryk

WEll, Justice is here. So, if Merrick joined us, we'd have 4. D:

Also, playing with a light char. His handling feels stiff, even tho it is more than my normal combo lol.

EDIT - Do we really need a blue shell in 4 players? >_>

Top Bottom