• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 DLC |OT2| You Got Boost Power!

Albo

i swear it said 1st on my screen right before the line...

those dry bones make red shells useless on that last stretch on bdd

Yep, same here. Good time for me too quit. Thanks for the practice guys. It kinda reminds me something Michael Keaton said about voice acting. You really have to work some weird muscles in your brain and that's exactly what you have to do with 200 cc. I get it, but I don't know if I can ever get that good. I salute you Kart GAF! Good night!

Yep, same here. Good time for me too quit. Thanks for the practice guys. It kinda reminds me something Michael Keaton said about voice acting. You really have to work some weird muscles in your brain and that's exactly what you have to do with 200 cc. I get it, but I don't know if I can ever get that good. I salute you Kart GAF! Good night!

Good games to you and Roo! :)

GWX

Had a good time tonight! I believe it was because I actively avoided this thread, containing my rage ;) I'm currently uploading some races to share with you guys, including the first one that made me ragequit (well, not quite, I actually had to leave either way, but I was going to come back), which happened yesterday. By the way, GGs everyone!

edit: Here we go, some replays for you guys :)

Reason I didn't come back to this shit yesterday. After 2.5 laps of pure domination, a streak of three red shells (I believe that 6 were actually thrown at me between the blue and red parts of the last lap) and a fireball that left me speechless (and last)!

One for the ages: me beating Roo is his beloved track! I didn't really do anything special, just didn't fall (that's quite rare), and surprised myself with the result =)

Was actually going to upload some more, but the replay function and it's stupid 60 second limit didn't allow me to portrait some of the moments I wanted to. Oh well!

?oe?oe

edit: Here we go, some replays for you guys :)

Reason I didn't come back to this shit yesterday. After 2.5 laps of pure domination, a streak of three red shells (I believe that 6 were actually thrown at me between the blue and red parts of the last lap) and a fireball that left me speechless (and last)!
Get Mario Karted!
One for the ages: me beating Roo is his beloved track! I didn't really do anything special, just didn't fall (that's quite rare), and surprised myself with the result =)
Oh, it was your mushrooms that I ran into and flew off >.>

Collected the 10,000th coin last night, finally. What a masterful game. Even with everything unlocked, I still want to race almost every day. Wild Woods is my favorite DLC course.

Roo

This happened last night, I was like BULLSHIT. Red shell actually hooked back to hit me in from while I had THREE greens around me! Not just that... the red actually went through between 2 rocks perfectly.

Hooked Red Shell

;____;
lmao
last night had an unusual high amount of triple red shells.
Remember that Excitebike race? 3 people with reds.
Was too much for me x_x

I want to play MK8 tonight to make myself feel better.

The thing is, my Japanese 3DS arrived, right? But the problem is that its calibration is waaaaay better than my two English 3DSes. So now I feel like Nintendo hates Americans, even though I know it's just poor quality control and getting lucky for once. Either way, I don't wanna use my XL or original English 3DS anymore, even though this new Japanese 3DS is the original model. The colors are just so much better. But I gotta use those relatively crappy-looking ones.

So I want some salt on top of my salt, you dig?

Roo

So other than better* screen, why did you decide to import a Japanese 3DS? and an original model at that..

*in case it's not really a placebo effect lol

To play Japanese games without having to keep one of my American 3DSes on outdated firmware or going through a tedious method to bypass region lock. This also let me give back the 3DS I was using for that sorta thing back to my bro. He's happy.

As for the original model... New ones of those go for $95 to $100 on the US Amazon, with Prime, fulfilled by Amazon, etc. The other models are all, um.... A lot more expensive.

Roo

Oh yeah, region lock is a pain in the ass :/
Hopefully they fix that shit with their next console/handheld.

Anyway, I'll be playing in 20-25 minutes in case you or anyone else wants to join

Edit: 4 red shells got nothing against a lame coin.. Gotta love this game
Smh

Top Bottom