• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 DLC |OT2| You Got Boost Power!

Roo

You know what would be cool for the next Mario Kart? an Smash-like amiibo functionality.
A mode where characters can learn shit from you. Drive better, use items wisely, use shortcuts all the time. Be cheap and nasty as a real player overall.

I was playing Mario Kart offline (thanks rain!) earlier today with a friend and I just can't believe how stupidly easy the AI is.

We lapped Peach, Wario, Cat Peach and Bowser in Sherbet Land I was like... offline sucks.

AI was decent in Double Dash. In Mario Kart Wii it was cheap with items in a good way. Mario Kart 8 is simply lame lol

Gattuso

bringing the fun of online races to offline mode seems like it would get very challenging for the first time and also super frustrating if they learn really well haha. having sodium inducing fun with local mp as they uses your tactics against you with them also sounds like it could create some great moments as people's blood vessels soon are ready to burst after a while. I would love it.

Roo

bringing the fun of online races to offline mode seems like it would get very challenging for the first time and also super frustrating if they learn really well haha. having sodium inducing fun with local mp as they uses your tactics against you with them also sounds like it could create some great moments as people's blood vessels soon are ready to burst after a while. I would love it.

It would be actually a nice way to future proof the game when the servers eventually go down or (in my case for example) days where you feel like playing some Mario Kart but your connection hates you.

You would still get challenging races out of the game.
Just imagine.. all the fun of the online side of it without the stupid physics, lag and all the negative shit

Dr Prob

Banned
Going to be selling the Wii U in a week or two. Few things:

- KartGAF was super fun. You stupid assholes are ok.

- While the tourney codes and recently played list kinda made having people added irrelevant outside of time trials, I appreciate people keeping me on despite not being active at all. Hopefully will see you guys again on the next Nintendo thing.

- This one is sad. Never thought I'd see the day, but I concede. Justice won the War of Moo Moo Meadows:

thC3DIP.png

Spent countless hours making this to commemorate your victory. Can put it on your business cards and shit to impress people:

GrleNp7.jpg

My only solace is that I was faster than assisted living golf cart-driving Exentryk. So slow.

- Hit me up on PSN if you want to play motherfucking Rocket League!

Beating that time in a kart would probably be pretty trivial for me. lolbikes :p

Also justice and exentryk you guys are insane for actually going for near-perfect bike times on Moo Moo Meadows WTF?

Top Bottom