• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 DLC |OT2| You Got Boost Power!

I'm starting to learn in 200cc that I can just take shortcuts across otherwise untraversable terrain. Not only do I have to learn how to drive differently but my approach to the tracks has to be wholly different.

Gabe3208

Banned
It seems after the update I'm having some audio issues with my game. Not sure if it's persistent throughout the various stages but for now, it only seems to affect "Thwomp Ruins." I'm playing the course as normal, and then out of nowhere the audio fully cuts out for about 1-3 seconds, and then resumes. Anyone else experience anything like this???

Omnicent

Downloading update now (and DLC after wards). Going to test out some new builds on 200cc before hoping online. Gotta reduce the amount of salt I intake.

Neo Dark

N64 Rainbow Road is indeed awesome. First track that I wanted to try with 200 cc when 200 cc was first announced and even with the CPUs set to normal, it was just as fun. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNq_TWnXif8

Even had the barely surviving final turn moment
11130494_10206887236445160_2239449738439500022_o.jpg

Azure J

Also, can I just say that Royal Raceway is now Mario Circuit GBA/Yoshi Circuit GCN tier now? Top of A tier stuff right there.

PetrCobra

I'm reminded why I don't like playing Mario Kart in single player. The game is only half skill based, the other half is memorizing shortcuts and having luck with items. Trying to finally get all golds in 150cc so that I can play 200cc was not much fun. It hurts more because they've added a second F-Zero track. I miss getting hammered in GX and knowing I'm the only factor to blame...

Rainbow Road on the other hand....*sigh* every boost will lead to your demise.

I can't deal D:

i'm not ashamed to say that after getting nothing but mushrooms and stars and being rewarded with last place for it, i actually quit the race after recieiving a golden mushroom for the second half of the last lap

same result, nobody's time is wasted

J@hranimo

Banned
Rainbow Road...again.

Who did this?

i'm not ashamed to say that after getting nothing but mushrooms and stars and being rewarded with last place for it, i actually quit the race after recieiving a golden mushroom for the second half of the last lap

same result, nobody's time is wasted

I may do that....ugh. I may have to figure out a different setup just to deal with tracks like that. So far every other one has been manageable.

Top Bottom