• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 DLC |OT2| You Got Boost Power!

Oidisco

Did the music in Mt Wario glitch out for anyone else? It's like I was going so fast the game didn't know where I was and couldn't make the music transition to the next section properly

jorgejjvr

Cant wait to get home at 8:00 PM EST to try this!

I will be going in blind with gaf without any prior practice, its going to be nuts lol

Hopefully people are down for the normal 200 cc room

Roo

Did the music in Mt Wario glitch out for anyone else? It's like I was going so fast the game didn't know where I was and couldn't make the music transition to the next section properly
If you mean right in the forest/trees section then that always has been there.

Zing

Banned
200cc wasn't even fun. It's boring driving around with triple mushrooms all the time when they are virtually useless. Maybe that's just a side effect of frantic. Next time, I'm choosing maximum acceleration over speed.

I'm disappointed that Nintendo still hasn't fixed the 59fps stutter.

ffdgh

Haha it's possible to do the shyguy falls shortcut now without a mushroom.
KuGsj.gif

I somehow just came at a complete halt in Big Blue and fell into the water when I was supposed to be flying towards the final lap. Lakitu carried me really slowly.

GWX

I'm gonna be sad when the next Mario Kart releases with only 32 tracks. I've been spoiled by this 48-track goodness.

Azure J

Back for another hit of that 200cc crack. :lol

I hope I didn't unlearn everything in exchange for partially choking up my informative speech today. :lol

Meohsix

Did they buff the cpu? They seem more assholish now >_>

Now to finally start 200cc mushroom cup!

I think they did. I'm getting my ass handed to me on 150cc when it use to be pretty easy. Seems like I'm getting hit by a lot more items.

Haha it's possible to do the shyguy falls shortcut now without a mushroom.
KuGsj.gif
It could be done before too, but it and some other shroomless cuts should indeed be much easier now.

Looking forward to any shenanigans we find.

Alright going home now. See you guys later!

Zing

Banned
I think they did. I'm getting my ass handed to me on 150cc when it use to be pretty easy. Seems like I'm getting hit by a lot more items.
I just played 150cc on the AC cup and I swear I only saw another CPU once, briefly. It was ridiculously easy.

Makes me miss the days of Super Mario Kart. Now that was a tough 150cc!

AdanVC

Holy shiiit I'm having lot's of fun on Single Player at 200cc thanks to Oidisco tip! I've been playing this game since it released a year ago but with this update it feels like a brand new game aksjdhaskdjl I think MK8 is now on my top ten games of the forever. Fucking Nintendo <3

Oidisco

Holy shiiit I'm having lot's of fun on Single Player at 200cc thanks to Oidisco tip! I've been playing this game since it released a year ago but with this update it feels like a brand new game aksjdhaskdjl I think MK8 is now on my top ten games of the forever. Fucking Nintendo <3

Awesome! Glad I could help

Azure J

My Rosalina about to catch a DUI with all of those swerves. It's like I almost get it but something about the speed in drifts hasn't clicked in my head yet. Also, shoutouts to having to bump down the speed from the slicks setup to the vanilla Retro Off Roaders just for more traction.

jariw

Is there anyone now mastering the 200cc mode who has played some 150cc afterwards? Impressions? Does it become easier or harder to play 150cc?

Burning Justice

the superior princess
lol, the coins in RR64 don't get thrown out fast enough.

It gets points for being one of several courses I can easily do without braking at all, though.

Top Bottom