• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 DLC |OT2| You Got Boost Power!

Enforced

My playtime for August.
CNtv9AUUYAAbQQ-.jpg
]
CNtwYnOUYAErqYR.jpg

Dereck

So what was that shit that the Mario Kart creator or whatever was saying about thinking about, maybe, considering, looking into, possibly thinking of a Double Dash sequel or some shit?

Burning Justice

the superior princess
Robbed Justice at the end. At the end when I hit Justice with the boomerang.
8590400.gif
This one was actually my fault--I boosted at the wrong time at the end and ran into a wall. If I hadn't done that, I would've won.

This, though... I don't know how you even live with yourself after committing such a vile act. :(

Roo

So what was that shit that the Mario Kart creator or whatever was saying about thinking about, maybe, considering, looking into, possibly thinking of a Double Dash sequel or some shit?

That was Hideki Konno.
He basically said they're not against the idea of two characters per kart mechanic in a future game.

He said they need to find new ideas that can work with Double Dash's gameplay.
*I think this is utter bullshit tho, I mean, they already have ramp tricks, anti-gravity, underwater, hang-gliding and even HD. All of those are ideas absent in DD and still can work properly with its mechanic.

He also said there's the technical side of it as the processing power needed to render all that stuff at their standard framerate.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/04/03/mario-kart-double-dashs-dual-racers-havent-been-forgotten

Gamecube rendered 16 characters back in 2003 with basically no animations, 2D shit everywhere and poor geometry all around.
Not sure how far fetched would it be to render 24 (if they keep the 12 player standard) in 2017>2018? with MK8+ level of visuals and with online and such being a huge component of the franchise.

Dereck

Gamecube rendered 16 characters back in 2003 with basically no animations, 2D shit everywhere and poor geometry all around.
Not sure how far fetched would it be to render 24 (if they keep the 12 player standard) in 2017>2018? with MK8+ level of visuals and with online and such being a huge component of the franchise.
The discouraging thing about speculating about new Nintendo consoles is that you can generally never go wrong with assuming that the hardware will be underpowered. That's really my main concern here.

Roo

The discouraging thing about speculating about new Nintendo consoles is that you can generally never go wrong with assuming that the hardware will be underpowered. That's really my main concern here.

I think a PS4-like console could get the job done for a game like that without any major compromise.

The main issue here is that if both NX platforms (handheld and console) end up sharing their libraries and to some extent their architecture, the handheld always will hold back the console, so a Double Dash sequel seems less likely.

Enforced

This one was actually my fault--I boosted at the wrong time at the end and ran into a wall. If I hadn't done that, I would've won.

This, though... I don't know how you even live with yourself after committing such a vile act. :(
*Evil laugher*
Also you deserve to get hit by the boomeramg for making that mistake. >:D

on the bright side. Coaster, Hypno and you ruined my last game. :p

Enforced, your racing lines make me cry.
lol :p

Roo

Roo do you have Splatoon yet? Everyone else is waiting for youuuuuuuuu

Not yet. I don't think I'll get it at this point.
Super Mario Maker is coming out in 9 days and then I have Woolly World, the Uncharted Trilogy Collection in October and Mirror's Edge coming February next year.
Don't know how long it'll take me to be done with them. Plus I feel like Splatoon will suffer the same fate as MK8 and the community will be dead within a year so I'll skip it altogether.

Plus I feel like Splatoon will suffer the same fate as MK8 and the community will be dead within a year so I'll skip it altogether.
Splatoon's actually good though.

No really, only reason I played 8 was because of certain KartGAFers, including you but mainly ffdgh, Greg, and Prinny. Whereas I play Splatoon because it's a genuinely good game.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Splatoon's actually good though.

No really, only reason I played 8 was because of certain KartGAFers, including you but mainly ffdgh, Greg, and Prinny. Whereas I play Splatoon because it's a genuinely good game.

Now I know that I'm nothing to you! :p

Splatoon is genuinely great game to me (and many people) but I already noticed some people already moved on with Splatoon so I never saw them playing the game on my friend list anymore.

I guess it's not exactly cup of tea for everyone tho, but I should try my best to play with y'all in Splatoon.

Roo

Either way, he should really get in while everyone's playing. Sorry Roo but Yoshi can wait. :mad:

Also most people move on from games quickly. lol

Well, yeah, that's my concern lol
Some of you are already fucking monsters in that game judging by some streams and I'm afraid by the time I get decent enough, most people (at least the ones I care about anyway) will be gone.

If there's something MK8 taught me is that playing against random people sucks

edit: btw, how big is the game with all the DLC and shit included?

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

It's still fun despite that other people are way better than me. At least, I TRIED! What stream are you watching for splatoon?

It's pretty good game, Roo. I strongly believe that it might be one of best new IP ever since Pikmin, Animal Crossing and Wii Fit.

Single Player - I had a lot of fun with single player, and Final Boss is one of best final boss in Nintendo history.

Multiplayer - three different kind of modes for ranked mode, and you can join your friends' teams to play together against random teams or gaffer's teams. There are many options for online mode. Plus we have shitload of maps for online to play with.

Also it's a lot of fun to buying clothes and weapons. I love to grind out some cool gears, and they had many different kind of weapons that you could enjoy your time to try them out.

I don't really have a lot of time to push my skills forward so I'm stuck at half way in a term of skills.

Edited: Get it soon as possible before you regret it. It's a lot of fun to play with gaffers, rather than playing with strangers.

Some of you are already fucking monsters in that game judging by some streams and I'm afraid by the time I get decent enough, most people (at least the ones I care about anyway) will be gone.

If there's something MK8 taught me is that playing against random people sucks

I think it's, like, 2 to 3 gigabytes? It's not very big.

As for getting "decent enough"... That takes, like, just a week or two. lol.

Roo

It's still fun despite that other people are way better than me. At least, I TRIED! What stream are you watching for splatoon?

It's pretty good game, Roo. I strongly believe that it might be one of best new IP ever since Pikmin, Animal Crossing and Wii Fit.

Single Player - I had a lot of fun with single player, and Final Boss is one of best final boss in Nintendo history.

Multiplayer - three different kind of modes for ranked mode, and you can join your friends' teams to play together against random teams or gaffer's teams. There are many options for online mode. Plus we have shitload of maps for online to play with.

Also it's a lot of fun to buying clothes and weapons. I love to grind out some cool gears, and they had many different kind of weapons that you could enjoy your time to try them out.

I don't really have a lot of time to push my skills forward so I'm stuck at half way in a term of skills.

Edited: Get it soon as possible before you regret it. It's a lot of fun to play with gaffers, rather than playing with strangers.

I've watched a few streams from Azure and 2 other gaffers I can't remember rn. Alex-something I think? lol

I think it's, like, 2 to 3 gigabytes? It's not very big.

As for getting "decent enough"... That takes, like, just a week or two. lol.

Interesting. I thought it was bigger.
I recently deleted Pushmo and Child of Light to make some space.
We'll see, we'll see :p

Enforced

Ok I'm in frantic
Edit: I see roo playing super mario bros 3 just to prepare himself for next week. :p
Edit 2: I hope merrick will join us. It's been so long. :p

Top Bottom