• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 DLC |OT2| You Got Boost Power!

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
jc straight up taking my character from the great beyond.

Also the item wheel lag is hitting me with a vengeance now.

yoshiunity

150cc:

giphy.gif

200cc:

tumblr_lq00lbFK9h1qdc388o1_400.gif

Man, 200cc is a freaking wake up call, man! I mean, it did seem fast in the videos, and we were warn that braking around turns would be mandatory, but I didn't expect it to feel so different from 150cc.

There are a lot of things that 150cc allowed that 200cc does not. It's so much in a class of it's own that it's almost like learning a new racing game with the Mario Kart fundamentals. And it's great, because I want to tame this beast!

I'm glad that the Steel Driver is a traction god with decent handling. Couldn't imagine driving at that speed with a kart/bike combination that has as much grip as a bar of soap.

Bone-Dry Dunes, the turn just before the Piranha Plant.

Also, I'm using inside drift.

...Wow you're a masochist. o_O

On the bright side, if you haven't heard yet, firehopping's very situational now in 200cc. Seems they just made other types of boosts make you go so fast that firehopping can't make you go any faster most of the time.

MrPanic

Tbh I think it's just the frantic mode that doesn't work on 200cc. You just keep getting mushrooms, stars and plants that make the whole thing uncontrollable and don't get me started about the billshit bills that either take you way too far now or fling you out of bounds. Then the fact that you can't really get any revenge because everyone will be miles ahead when you get out of stun with that speed, it just makes the mayhem feel more disconnected.

I think normal items just makes way more sense since the regular item rotation sports the items that make more sense at that speed. Slightly less devastating stun times so people can't lose you that easily and less items that make 200cc more uncontrollable.

Top Bottom