• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 DLC |OT2| You Got Boost Power!

After beating the two new cups 3 stars in 150, Neo Bowser City has to be one of the worst mario kart circuits ever conceived. I liked it in the 3ds game but hereis simply horrendous, forcing you yto play like a 3 year old who doesnt know how to use drift button or getting a non competitive character that runs slow as snails and then you are fucked in the next races in the cup.

Do people use it a lot in online? I really hope no. The other new circuits are fantastic.

Azure J

B A B Y P A R K B O Y S

edit: fuck you all.

THANK FUCK

Never thought id be happy to see Sherbet Land in my life.

Also, is Justice even human? We're keeping neck and neck, next thing you know he's placed first and is probably paying off a student loan on Fem Villager's expense before I even see him again.

Roo

...Wow you're a masochist. o_O

On the bright side, if you haven't heard yet, firehopping's very situational now in 200cc. Seems they just made other types of boosts make you go so fast that firehopping can't make you go any faster most of the time.
I can confirm firehopping doesn't really help in 200cc

ChrisD

Tbh I think it's just the frantic mode that doesn't work on 200cc. You just keep getting mushrooms, stars and plants that make the whole thing uncontrollable and don't get me started about the billshit bills that either take you way too far now or fling you out of bounds. Then the fact that you can't really get any revenge because everyone will be miles ahead when you get out of stun with that speed, it just makes the mayhem feel more disconnected.

I think normal items just makes way more sense since the regular item rotation sports the items that make more sense at that speed. Slightly less devastating stun times so people can't lose you that easily and less items that make 200cc more uncontrollable.

I'm totally up for testing normal, but frantic honestly seems about the same as it does in 150. People just have to get used to the new speed.

Grizzo

Tbh I think it's just the frantic mode that doesn't work on 200cc. You just keep getting mushrooms, stars and plants that make the whole thing uncontrollable and don't get me started about the billshit bills that either take you way too far now or fling you out of bounds. Then the fact that you can't really get any revenge because everyone will be miles ahead when you get out of stun with that speed, it just makes the mayhem feel more disconnected.

I think normal items just makes way more sense since the regular item rotation sports the items that make more sense at that speed. Slightly less devastating stun times so people can't lose you that easily and less items that make 200cc more uncontrollable.

you nailed it right on the head with that post

I think Frantic mode simply does not work with 200cc

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

yeah, I think frantic blows on 200. People get bulletbilled to victory(or bulletbilled into a corner and flung off the map), other people get screwed(golden mushrooms, shells everywhere) and the hits are way more impactful due to the acceleration, everyone blows past you off one hit making it a giant mess and far more luck based to get anything going.

ChrisD

...Okay it's the same minus all the Bullet Bills.

So many Bullet Bills.

Edit: No really like why are there so many Bills now? It wasn't like that this morning.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
i never got particularly good at MK even though I've played almost all of them.

It's pretty crazy that on this and the previous DLC I nailed 150cc and mirror on the first try on the new cups.

I guess I'm pretty good now!

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
WHAT THE FUCK

Second place(lol bullet bill) shot me off the track and laid me down right into a blue shell.

Top Bottom