• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 DLC |OT2| You Got Boost Power!

GGs, done for tonight.
Is it possible to get first in Neo Bowser City on 200cc? Because I don't think it is. If I slow down for the corners I get passed and if I try to go through with speed I fly into the walls and off the course. I may need a tutorial on how to do some of these races optimally in 200cc.
Some tips:

1) At the beginning, don't do a real drift left. Steer normally left instead and then do a right drift. Near the beginning of this drift, tap B once or twice. The trick is to slow down just a little.

2) For the turns after the second row of item boxes, You need to take the first turn super tightly so you have room to set up for the second one. You can do this without slowing down.

3) You slide a lot during "that one section". You need to release your first mini turbo a lot sooner than you might think to take the second drift tightly. Even then you'll still want to tap B once or twice. Also, you want to briefly let go of A to cancel your MT so you don't go flying off the track on the next turn. Then you just hope no incompetent buffoon takes you down with him as he soars off the track.

ASTROID2

GGs, done for tonight.

Some tips:

1) At the beginning, don't do a real drift left. Steer normally left instead and then do a right drift. Near the beginning of this drift, tap B once or twice. The trick is to slow down just a little.

2) For the turns after the second row of item boxes, You need to take the first turn super tightly so you have room to set up for the second one. You can do this without slowing down.

3) You slide a lot during "that one section". You need to release your first mini turbo a lot sooner than you might think to take the second drift tightly. Even then you'll still want to tap B once or twice. Also, you want to briefly let go of A to cancel your MT so you don't go flying off the track on the next turn. Then you just hope no incompetent buffoon takes you down with him as he soars off the track.

Thanks a lot. :) Will have to try this later.

Thanks a lot. :) Will have to try this later.
200cc Time Trials aren't a thing.

Instead, do Versus Races with the computer set to Easy and with Items set to Off. And the class set to 200cc of course, it's unlocked from the beginning in Versus so there shouldn't be a problem there.

Crema

Whoa first time playing 200cc is crazy. 2 tracks I've never seen before probably didn't help... And another new one haha

vall03

I'm seeing glimpses on how to properly brake while drifting but I can't seem to do it consistently. It's either I overbrake and slow down or brake late and hit a wall or fall off. But it feels so goddamn good when you execute it flawlessly. Need more practice for 200cc.

ffdgh

Big blue to the rescue.

GGs all/Night aholes
KuGsj.gif

sonto340

This may be a little off topic but has anyone data mined the update files yet to see if there's any evidence of a third or fourth DLC pack?

200cc frantic GAF is pretty nuts. I came in 12th place a lot after bouncing off the walls and out of the roadway. Lakitu is working overtime today for sure. Nice playing with everyone in the GAF room!

Need to unlock 200cc in singleplayer so I can improve my skills on this mode...

sonto340

Is there any way to do 200cc in Grand Prix?
Beat 150cc. Just like
You'd do to unlock 100cc by beating 50cc and 150cc by beating 100cc.
This needs to be in the OP or something. I've seen this question like twenty times today alone.
Edit: it is in the OP. people just need to read then.

Top Bottom