• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 DLC |OT2| You Got Boost Power!

xandaca

As someone who refuses to play with any character other than Wario (since the N64 days), I don't think 200cc is for me. It's fun, but even with brake drifting, near impossible to maintain any sort of consistent speed without flying off the track/into everything at every available opportunity.

Ostinatto

This game is killing me hands, the gamepad is the worst for this type of game.
tratamiento%20natural%20artritis.jpg

correojon

I got Gold on 150cc on the new tracks, then I tried Mushroom Cup at 200cc and it didn´t seem as difficult as the impression I was getting here...so I decided to join 200cc Frantic KartGaf and was utterly destroyed time and time again. I managed to get in 1st place for 4 seconds during a race once, just to end that same race 11th :S

Definitely need to start using the brake.

The new content is awesome, I LOVE Big Blue!

Neo Dark

Damn. 200cc is no joke! Some courses I keep bumping into walls, or flying off cliffs.

I guess I'm a little rusty since I haven't played in a while.
Well... For the first time you also have to use the brake and learn brake drifting. Are you doing that? It's like a whole new game

Where are my fellow 200cc gaffers? Both frantic and normal are empty :X
Pretty much everyone went to sleep =(

aza

As someone who refuses to play with any character other than Wario (since the N64 days), I don't think 200cc is for me. It's fun, but even with brake drifting, near impossible to maintain any sort of consistent speed without flying off the track/into everything at every available opportunity.

Yeah I hadn't read any impressions about the new mode and started it off with Wario. Crashed and flew off into oblivion about a million times. I thought I just sucked really badly at 200cc. But then I switched to Toad and bam, smoooth ass cruising

Palculator

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah I hadn't read any impressions about the new mode and started it off with Wario. Crashed and flew off into oblivion about a million times. I thought I just sucked really badly at 200cc. But then I switched to Toad and bam, smoooth ass cruising
I'm playing Bowser and doing somewhat well. Does he count?

Addi

Oh, one question, how does one brake and drift at the same time with the Wii-remote + nunchuck combo? B seems to be both drift and brake. I'm using the pro controller, but when playing local 4 player, two persons have to use the wii-remotes

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Is it just me or has the item distribution been changed quite a bit in the latest patch? I've noticed I'm getting lots of red shells and mushrooms in first place now, at least in 200cc.

Palculator

Unconfirmed Member
Welp, went to get some coffee now everyone left :X

Anyways, I gotta go and will return later when Americans are awake an Europeans off work. Laters!

Addi

Welp, went to get some coffee now everyone left :X

Anyways, I gotta go and will return later when Americans are awake an Europeans off work. Laters!

no, we are seven right now

EDIT: an easy way to find your way back to the room is to connect to some of us through "friends and rivals"

ffdgh

Is it just me or has the item distribution been changed quite a bit in the latest patch? I've noticed I'm getting lots of red shells and mushrooms in first place now, at least in 200cc.

You're not the only one saying this. Looks like powerful items appear somewhat more often.

Palculator

Unconfirmed Member
It's not making me join the bigger group.
And my apologies for that blue shell to whoever I was with racing between us two.

If you add me (Blanksteg NNID) you can join via Friends and Rivals.

Edit: Also tell me if you add me because I have to quit out to add you back :V

If you add me (Blanksteg NNID) you can join via Friends and Rivals.

Edit: Also tell me if you add me because I have to quit out to add you back :V

I just sent a request :3

Edit: ooh thx for the accept, I see the 'friends and rivals' tab also shows recently played with, I could've joined like that as well I just found out :D

Does everyone know you can go Online > Global > Custom Match then choose 200cc?

Every time I've tried it I've joined a reasonably or completely full match (just leave all the other settings as default). Good for when there's nobody in the GAF group.

Edit: Also you get global racing points or whatever they're called, unlike in tournaments, which is great.

Top Bottom