• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 DLC |OT2| You Got Boost Power!

Enforced

Big blue to the rescue.

GGs all/Night aholes
KuGsj.gif
Good games!

Feltrol

Banned
Good games, guys! That's all for me for today.

I may come back tomorrow. This is pretty fun!

Enforced, you know what to do. It's time for you to take command.

I ran into a problem when trying to download or update after launching the game. I have a basic Wii U and don't have enough space on the system memory to update! And, there was no option to download it to the attached hard drive. Can I just move the Mario Kart Wii U data (updates, profiles, DLC, etc) to my hard drive, download the update to the system, and then move it to the hard drive? Or, does the DLC NEED to be on the Wii U system itself?

sonto340

I ran into a problem when trying to download or update after launching the game. I have a basic Wii U and don't have enough space on the system memory to update! And, there was no option to download it to the attached hard drive. Can I just move the Mario Kart Wii U data (updates, profiles, DLC, etc) to my hard drive, download the update to the system, and then move it to the hard drive? Or, does the DLC NEED to be on the Wii U system itself?
If you move the rest of the game data to the external drive the update and dlc should follow suit. I think there's an option somewhere in settings or the eshop to set the default Download destination.

Figured out how to tightly do "That One Turn" on NBC without canceling your MT:

You have to hold the Brake button for a pretty long time. Not tap. Hold. It's simple but feels really weird. And if you do it too long you lose your MT.

EDIT: Checking it out with bikes now

EDIT2: Yeah same with bikes. Just different angles.

Burning Justice

the superior princess
Figured out how to tightly do "That One Turn" on NBC without canceling your MT:

You have to hold the Brake button for a pretty long time. Not tap. Hold. It's simple but feels really weird. And if you do it too long you lose your MT.

EDIT: Checking it out with bikes now

EDIT2: Yeah same with bikes. Just different angles.

Yeah, that's the way I've been doing it. For the third bend, you have to brake early, or you'll fall off.

EulaCapra

Anyone else think they completely messed up Cheese Land's reimagining?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9FYk4iIJOg

The MK8 upgrade completely ditched the richer yellow colors, the mouse, the dark blue sky and stars, and that big moon. I don't know why they replaced the mice with Chain Chomps or why the whole thing looks like another generic desert track. It's not until you look closer that it's all cheese with their holes. The color palette used really missed the mark which is rare in this game.

The DLC made me all hyped up for Mario Kart 8 again ... yesterday evening while downloading the update and the new DLC pack, i was asking myself why the game was left in the shelf for half a year.

Well ... a hour of playtime reminded me ... it was because of the broken NPC drivers starting in 150cc onward. The goold old Mario Kart rubberband became a freaking bungee-rope catapulting the pursuers right back to your butt, even if they are half the track behind you.
The aiming skill with some items are downright ridiculous, and the NPC drivers seem to get way better items to start with ... (Rank 2 with a Bullet Bill? Are you kidding me?!?)

Is it that bad in 200cc too, or even worse? I don't play online that much, rather the single player mode for some late night distraction ... so this sucks big time. Worst (single player) Mario Kart for me...

sonto340

Anyone else think they completely messed up Cheese Land's reimagining?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9FYk4iIJOg

The MK8 upgrade completely ditched the richer yellow colors, the mouse, the dark blue sky and stars, and that big moon. I don't know why they replaced the mice with Chain Chomps or why the whole thing looks like another generic desert track. It's not until you look closer that it's all cheese with their holes. The color palette used really missed the mark which is rare in this game.
I really wish it was night time at least.

Top Bottom