• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 DLC |OT2| You Got Boost Power!

Azure J

God DAMN, this setup is too fucking fast for this mode. At one point I flew into the upper most wall/construct before the finish on Wario Stadium and stayed in place for about 3 seconds. :lol

Grizzo

the 200cc normal room is fuller than full

I've been watching you guys play for 4 races now

I wanted to play with Azure J, Omnicent, Greg and all of good oldMK-GAF :(((

Oidisco

It is, that's why frantic was popular on 150cc in the first place. The problem lies in that the items you get most in frantic take control away which you really need on 200cc.

That's why I like 200cc Frantic. It forces you to be very careful and think with the items you use. You can't just mash buttons when you have a golden mushroom.

phanphare

Banned
yo so what's everybody feeling on set ups for 200cc as far as weight and speed and everything? are the people sticking with their high speed heavies finding that doable? I downsized for my 200cc set up and I'm feeling that so far. figured my rosie/jet bike set up would be too fast so I switched

yo so what's everybody feeling on set ups for 200cc as far as weight and speed and everything? are the people sticking with their high speed heavies finding that doable? I downsized for my 200cc set up and I'm feeling that so far. figured my rosie/jet bike set up would be too fast so I switched
From my experience it's not the speed that's the issue with heavyweights in this class. It's that handling is extremely important here and parts don't affect handling nearly as much as weight class does.

Grizzo

damn I just can't get used to 200cc :(((

all I do is race off-tracks and bump into walls only to end up in 12th place

but you guys only play on that so i'm just gonna have to deal with it

SM239

I think I might need to switch to something with better traction. I'm starting to feel this setup's drift is way too loose for 200cc

phanphare

Banned
From my experience it's not the speed that's the issue with heavyweights in this class. It's that handling is extremely important here and parts don't affect handling nearly as much as weight class does.

ok cool that makes sense. probably why I like my current shy guy set up, the handling is great.

Azure J

Lightweights rule the roost. Heavies can still do work but you have to be hyper optimized and dedicated.

Tap the b-button while drifting. Easy as pie once you try it. Well, except for a few curves. And some levels. Like Neo Bowser Bullshit.

Roo

It's a matter of practice, really.
I barely touched my Wii U Pro controller since I bought it for Smash. When I found out "brake drifting" was not available for my all-time favorite setup (wii remote+Nunchuk) I was forced to learn how to use the Wii U Pro in a competitive way, all the buttons, the new braking system , all the new tracks + old ones in 200cc and in frantic mode on top of that.

Top Bottom