• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

when your connection drops it, it takes fuckin FOREVER to get back in.

View friends, they're playing in this thing did you know that?, are you sure you wanna join this thing? pick all your vehicle specs again, search for players, spectate mode lol

I'm doing okay in Battle Mode, but I am really sucking in the race mode. I'm thinking I should 3-star all the single-player tracks on 150cc before coming back.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
lol MW is the only track I'm able to actually finish among the top five, everything else is a battle of the rags

Jackano

I think I won 2 or 3 other NeoGAF races a dozen minutes ago. That adds to the one this morning (PAL land) :)

It's pretty much like true racing (with warmups etc) when you go online, you have to stay for several races to hope to win (with good players at least I mean).

First you have to race your way to the 3-4 first places on the start line when you begin a race. Then the first half a lap is very important to position yourself out of the pack, and collect enough coins.
If you manage that, you're probably 1st or 2nd and then without driving errors you have a chance to win.

It's not a general rule but that's the way I feel the game online so far.
It's not broken like Mario Kart Wii or DS, where you had to be 1st and all the others players were pounding themselves in the pack, allowing the driver in 1st to quietly win his race far ahead.

Branson

Dat last place feel.....
I know right? I do everything I can to get at least next to last. Last is just, no. Fuck you I'm not finishing last. lol. Last night I got an 8 item while in last. Launched everything within 3 seconds and finished 4th.

Also online was my first taste of 150cc. I adapted to it pretty quickly going from 100cc. Fun as hell.

Man, GAF rooms are intense. Got some good footage this morning. And it's only noon.

Soooooo glad this came out on a weekend!

Shoutouts to Benny for making things harder for me lol

I know right? I do everything I can to get at least next to last. Last is just, no. Fuck you I'm not finishing last. lol. Last night I got an 8 item while in last. Launched everything within 3 seconds and finished 4th.

Also online was my first taste of 150cc. I adapted to it pretty quickly going from 100cc. Fun as hell.

Made it to 6th this time so... improvement! GAF doesn't play nice.

AdanVC

I'm amazed at the amount of articles this game has received on the mainstream media in Mexico/Latin America. No doubt a new Mario Kart game it's always a big event on gaming, especially if it's a home console MK.

The super fat characters seem so much slower than the metal characters. It's like impossible to get back up front if you make a mistake.

Woffls

Toad Harbour all up in this.

edit: NOOOOO, there goes my 4th place winning streak...
edit: connection error. there goes any place at all :\ I'll come back when Wind Waker has finished downloading.

Man, GAF rooms are intense. Got some good footage this morning. And it's only noon.

Soooooo glad this came out on a weekend!

Shoutouts to Benny for making things harder for me lol

Oh man I tried my best, you were way too fast! that's when I was hoping a blue shell would be sent lol.

just got communication error :(

Fermbiz

Gold Member
Am I the only one who is disappointed that the mirrored version of Toad's Turnpike, traffic doesn't comes towards you like in the N64 version..? What a let down IMO.

Top Bottom