• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

TriGen

So wow... Nintendo is advertising MK8 HARD in the US... This morning I've seen MK8 commercials no less than 2-3 times per show (currently on Animal Planet, imagine it's worse on kids channel).

Yeah, I saw an ad at the movie theater advertised right before the trailers started. And GS had a big display actually on the sidewalk advertising MK8 and all the accessories, then in Wal-Mart right near the door there was MK8 cupcakes for sale, with a big sign saying to get MK8 for Wii U in the electronics department. This is the most I've seen a Wii U game pushed for sure.

phanphare

Banned
man, Mario Kart 8 has been trending on facebook all morning and Nintendo and Mario Kart have been trending on twitter all morning

good stuff right there. hopefully this is the game that makes people realize the Wii U is pretty bad ass

Damn even when I come in last I can't be mad at you guys. This is crazy fun. Need to go back to single player eventually to finish unlocking things though <_<

baby rosalina had me crying in tears when I hit star and sent someone who was flying next to me
KuGsj.gif

Is it possible to get a speed boost when getting dropped back on the track after falling off? I can't seem to figure out the timing... I could understand if they removed it though since you recover much quicker from falls than in games past.

ffdgh

i4FzH8nObEmHD.jpg

Alright 3 stars for every cup, got all the character stamps. I'll worry about time trials later but for now....Online here I come!

Mik2121

Ill remember that tripple red shell at the finish line for quite a while, sir :)

Yeah, getting the triple red shells on 2nd position was kinda bullshit. But then again this time I was 2nd and 1st for most of the race and at the end got wrecked with all the items you guys had :( Ended up 5th or so...

Top Bottom