• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

Mine01

Don't got anyone close by with a wiiU and shipping would lead to extra costs (and I'd have to sell it cheaper than retail which means I lose money in the end).

This might sound lame but i would stand out of a game and explain the situation to someone who is about to buy mk8 and try to sell it to him, maybe a bit cheaper.

It's a tough situation.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Blue shell is awesome XD

4MGfHxe.jpg

mrklaw

MrArseFace
After a race, there is a '+' button icon and 0/6 stars. If you press + it says 1/6, and if you press it again, it goes back to 0/6. What's all that about?

The stars they give you are quite strict. Won the 50cc cups but came third on the last race because blue shell, and it only gave me one star for the Grand Prix. Not looking forward to the 150cc if you have to win every race to get three stars.

TMC

After a race, there is a '+' button icon and 0/6 stars. If you press + it says 1/6, and if you press it again, it goes back to 0/6. What's all that about?

The stars they give you are quite strict. Won the 50cc cups but came third on the last race because blue shell, and it only gave me one star for the Grand Prix. Not looking forward to the 150cc if you have to win every race to get three stars.

I was wondering this too. I have 6/6 now and I don't know what they do.

Does anyone knows what the stars on te upper left corner do? The one you can add with the + button after a race?

(Also gonna play a few tracks online before lunch. :D )

Edit: Just saw it was answered a few posts before mine ahah.

akaoni

Banned
I've seen bike + slicks + heavy roflstomp a GAF lobby on two occasions and I did it just now myself, last 4 races (3 by myself) before being disconnected won by a similar build. It's just so optimal and efficient at cornering with a high max speed when you make a break out in front. So everyone;

a) Everyone picks same
b) Leave it and see if viable alternatives pop up
c) Karts only setting
d) You don't care

I just can't not see it, it has been irritating me for quite a few hours of race time. :(

Frolow

Banned
Dry Dry Desert is probably one of my least favorite courses in the game. They removed everything that made it unique; No tornadoes, No Giant Piranha Plant in the middle of the sinkhole, and they barely spiced up the course outside of adding a small water section. It's a shame too since Dry Dry Desert was one of the best courses in Double Dash.

khaaan

Aw man, I missed the tourney?

I'll get my complaints out of the way first...The Blue Shell is still kind of annoying, I think there's only been one time where I was in first place and was holding the horn. I also don't like how there's no "options" menu. I don't like using the A button to accelerate and would have preferred if I could have mapped it to the Y button. The highlight reel is a great feature, I have a photo-finish saved that I would like to upload but I wish it was more flexible. I wish I had the opportunity to specify which lap to focus on or even specify a specific section of the race and tell it to just grab the next X seconds.

Everything else is just so much fun though. The game is so smooth and I think every new track has been a hit for me. I hope the Wii U sees a nice spike in sales

TMC

I'll get my complaints out of the way first...The Blue Shell is still kind of annoying, I think there's only been one time where I was in first place and was holding the horn. I also don't like how there's no "options" menu. I don't like using the A button to accelerate and would have preferred if I could have mapped it to the Y button. The highlight reel is a great feature, I have a photo-finish saved that I would like to upload but I wish it was more flexible. I wish I had the opportunity to specify which lap to focus on or even specify a specific section of the race and tell it to just grab the next X seconds.

Everything else is just so much fun though. The game is so smooth and I think every new track has been a hit for me. I hope the Wii U sees a nice spike in sales

You can join at any time. It's not the traditional tournament format that I expected.

Cheddahz

Banned
Uploading some Browser's Castle footage right now! I think it features Kouichi, Cancer-boy, someone else that I can't remember at the moment, and I

psychotron

Been playing all morning. Love when new MK games come out because they're the only ones my wife will play with me. They did a fantastic job on this game. Graphics are gorgeous, soundtrack is awesome and it plays terrific.

Mik2121

What controller are you using? On the main game pad you can use the Y button as well. Both work from the beginning. What other options would you like to change?

Woffls

I suck at this game. I'm not beating half the Nintendo ghosts. Is there a handy chart for kart configurations? I use Luigi/Coupé/Slicks/Glider. Does track terrain have an impact at all?

Top Bottom