• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

Temetti

Neo Member
It's killing me that every time I try to join the online multiplayer, I get error notification. Done pretty much everything I can with my firewall settings and tried to set my wiiU internet settings manually, but nothing seems to work. hopefully it's something on their end or i'm forever doomed. Has anyone had any similar problems? Error code: 118-(0514-0521)

Clockwork5

i4FzH8nObEmHD.jpg

Alright 3 stars for every cup, got all the character stamps. I'll worry about time trials later but for now....Online here I come!

No thanks. You can stay away lol

I'm amazed I'm consistently finishing decent in the GAF tournament! Maybe I'm not so terrible after all.
Gotta make dinner now but I'll be back - if anyone sees Snarfer on the leaderboards, look out! :)

Great fun playing with you guys. Feels super intense.

BitStyle

Unconfirmed Member
Good games, all. There were some clutch moments and some brutal moments. I'll probably be on later today to get whooped some more.

AdanVC

Is this game worth buying a Wii U for?

Absolutely. The coolest thing is that this console has an excellent library of top quality first party titles already that will keep you busy for MONTHS! Lot's of indie games, Virtual Console classics, tons of neat features, videocalls, Miiverse, Backwards compatible (to the point of having a Game Cube controller adapter coming soon). Just an awesome console.

B00TE

Triple red shells and I think all of them smashed into Benny one at a time. lol

Got an error, will pop back in later.

LaneDS

Hosting a party tomorrow that'll have three Wii U's setup, with three copies of MK8. All the guests, myself included, haven't played the game yet (three sealed copies getting opened at noon). That said, I'm trying to plan out a tournament but since I can't play the game, I would appreciate some help on answering the following:

1. Is there random character select?
2. Is there random track select?
3. Can you play online GP to unlock tracks/characters?

Any suggestions on how to make a fun tournament setting (the girlfriend and I hand-crafted Mario Kart themed prizes for first/second/third place even) are appreciated. Currently thinking about randomized brackets for the 12 players, 1v1 matches on random courses (if possible), best of three for any round and if it goes to round 3 your opponent gets to pick your racer... any ideas are appreciated!

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
good games! whoever hit me with two red shells in a row during that Twhomp Ruins race, may you have diarrhea during sexual intercouse!

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Yo, those toads on the online screen are totally fucked. They're gonna float endlessly until they run out of oxygen and die.

random25

Hi guys, new here on GAF! Hope to join the tourneys after re-setting up my system (moving apartments sigh).

Forgot my NNID, but I hope the tourneys will still remain hot after a few more weeks!

Mr. Sam

I keep forgetting that the face buttons are used to accelerate and the shoulder buttons are used to drift - not the other way around, like I've become used to - and accidentally park up after the first bend of a new session.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Do the drivers and karts have different characteristics? How are you supposed to know what they are?

Top Bottom