• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

Spinluck

To everyone who beat me in this, I'm gonna kick y'all asses in Smash. If you don't get Smash, meet me somewhere. If you beat me in Smash, I'm quitting games.

zlCfzR_fT1YAkvgCkV

Sorry, Mario ;)

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Any thoughts on future DLC.

I'd like to see a couple of Sonic inspired tracks with Sonic as playable.

Kinsei

Banned
The more I play the new Rainbow Road, the more I like it. It's an awesome track for spin boosts.

150cc special cup almost gave me a heart attack. I have no clue how I managed to 3 star it on my first try.

Curious, is there any real advantage to using a bike vs a kart or vice versa?

Bikes have better turning and karts have a higher top speed.

atr0cious

I've seen bike + slicks + heavy roflstomp a GAF lobby on two occasions and I did it just now myself, last 4 races (3 by myself) before being disconnected won by a similar build. It's just so optimal and efficient at cornering with a high max speed when you make a break out in front. So everyone;

a) Everyone picks same
b) Leave it and see if viable alternatives pop up
c) Karts only setting
d) You don't care

I just can't not see it, it has been irritating me for quite a few hours of race time. :(

I've been purposefully trying not to pick this build, but for characters like DK, it's literally the only way I can stay viable. It's fun racing with gaf, but holy fuck I don't like having 18 points in 17 races.

Top Bottom