• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

lewisgone

Goodnight, MK GAF. Tomorrow, I wake up, wonder why the postman is keeping his sweet time for a couple hours, and then, hopefully, can join in on the fun.

Sciortino

Can retailers get in trouble for breaking street date? How does that work?
I work at Best Buy and I literally got 10 requests from people today if I can sell them their copy ahead of release but we're so strict when it comes to release dates, we literally never sold a copy of a game before an official release.

Dunkers92

Can retailers get in trouble for breaking street date? How does that work?

They can get in trouble. Usually it's only smaller retailers who break street dates without asking. Bigger retailers will ask permission to the publisher to break street date if other retailers have done it. Happened last year with Pokemon.

Played a few races earlier and love it, even though I'm not the best at the game (Edit: got it early through work). Online was surprisingly fast to find a race, and there wasn't any noticeable lag.

Tenki

You should PM Suupa, He'll be happy to know she's in the game. :p

tumblr_leut89oTFl1qf8yek.gif

daydream

Banned
Gah, sucks when you can't get the right camera angle for your highlight reel. All I needed was the same perspective as in the game to convey how close it got at the end. :(

Edit: Screw it. My triumphant moment will have to live on in my memory.

JP

Can't believe how long this is taking to download, the "Time Remaining* estimate seems to be going up rather than down for me. It's like somebody has hit me with a blue shell or something!! Can everybody else please stop downloading this from the eStore for completely unconnected yet unbelievably important reasons?

That'd be lovely thanks!

Roo

I called all my local game retailers and no one was selling it today.
Most of them will do a midnight launch so I guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow after work :mad:
Bastards!

balgajo

Guys, maybe this question was already answered. Does anyone know the time it will be launched in US Eshop? Hope it's 00:00 ET.
I forget what time they used in ALBW launch.

EDIT: Already saw the answer above. XD

Cheddahz

Banned
so, i cancelled my mk8 pre-order at toys r us (since it still hasn't shipped) and they allowed me to cancel the pre-order, but not donkey kong country: tropical freeze, so i guess i just got dkc:tf for $30 (i'm not complaining about it)

wrowa

I wonder if a patch that introduces, you know, options is too much to hope for. It drives me crazy that there's no way to put the map on the TV. Or the positions of the characters. No way to change the splitscreen orientation. And why aren't there lap times, anyway? Basic features that just aren't there for no good reason.

For starters you're never gonna notice it from youtube videos. Then you've got members of the press who are usually clueless about such things and easily ignore all sorts of technical problems in games.

So yeah, your average person is not gonna notice. If you instantly know a 60fps game when you play one, you very well might.

It's VERY noticeable to me. I noticed it right away in my first race. It's far from a smooth game because of it, but it's not making the game unplayable for me. It's a minor annoyance more than anything. It's much worse when I get stuttering in a FPS on PC for example. Still, I would really like them to patch it though, obviously.

Perhaps it will annoy me more once I get to play without CPU players and see how smooth the game really can be.

komplanen

If I want this game purely for online races, how fucked am I? Are they hard to find? Is it one race for every 10 minutes spent on menus and lobbies? How are you guys feeling about it?

Is the speed of online races 150cc? It's been a while since I last played MK wii.

If I want this game purely for online races, how fucked am I? Are they hard to find? Is it one race for every 10 minutes spent on menus and lobbies? How are you guys feeling about it?
Matchmaking is very quick, I always find a lobby just seconds after searching. After each race, players vote for the next level and it starts immediately afterwards.

Top Bottom