• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

Mr. F

Banned
First time buying a major retail release on e-shop. Is it my timezone they're referring to when they say 'midnight release' on the storefront? Don't recall ever setting timezone/location info for it.

prag16

Banned
To avoid track spammers..
Playing the same track 7 times in a row (hi N64 Rainbow Road) is not that funny.

Yeah, MK Wii was lame as all hell at times; not that hard to end up in a lobby with people (possibly knew eachother or something) that kept voting as a group for the same track over and over. This system is better.

Imagine how shitty CoD would be if it had a voting system like MK Wii. Only a few maps would ever get played, ever.

Four more hours to go! UGH.
I guess I'll just draw or something until the time comes.
:/
I really should stop procrastinating on GAF, and do some art. lol
:p

B00TE

Got my eShop cards and I'm ready to go. Bring on midnight!

...Just have to kill time till then. Keep looking at streams but it only makes it worse.

Kaldea

To avoid track spammers..
Playing the same track 7 times in a row (hi N64 Rainbow Road) is not that funny.
Thank goodness they fixed this.

A huge amount of my time online with Mario Kart Wii:
Luigi Circuit
Luigi Circuit
Luigi Circuit
Luigi Circuit
Grumble Volcano
Luigi Circuit

ryushe

IMAG1234_zps4gafmmjm.jpg

Brooklyn, NY representing!!!!

Quick question, anyone try to redeem the free game yet on club Nintendo yet? It says the promotion beings May 30th. I can wait a day, no problem, just curious is all.

Also, do red shells Have anti-gravity, too?

I need a nap before my all-nighter but I fear if I nap Nintendo will open the eShop early for MK8

damn it we need an eShop pre-order thing hat downloads the game you pre-paid when ready

If any of you have watched Neko Mario Time, you'll notice there is a trend of 8-Bit Luigi being hidden in a few games recently. I wonder if MK8 will be one of them

Xaero

Neo Member
Do you have to win a GP to unlock a character? I've not seen anything showing me I've unlocked a character yet, after 3 GPs (that I didn't win)

Woffls

Quick question, anyone try to redeem the free game yet on club Nintendo yet? It says the promotion beings May 30th. I can wait a day, no problem, just curious is all.
Yep, and I got nothing for it so far. Not sure what will happen with early registrations. Definitely wait a day!

Releases tomorrow here in Australia but I'm working all weekend so can't get it until Monday arvo.

Hopefully someone's selling it early when I go into town to buy some jeans later today :eek:

Hindl

C'MON I NEED THIS GAME AND YOU GUYS AREN'T HELPING. I have work tomorrow too so I won't be able to play until like 7 tomorrow night ;_;

Roo

Yeah, MK Wii was lame as all hell at times; not that hard to end up in a lobby with people (possibly knew eachother or something) that kept voting as a group for the same track over and over. This system is better.

Imagine how shitty CoD would be if it had a voting system like MK Wii. Only a few maps would ever get played, ever.

Tell me about it.
There was a time a few months ago where the only thing we played was DK Summit and N64 Bowser's Castle.
I consider myself a N64 Bowser's Castle fan and I admit I picked it more times that I should have in a single race but at the end of the day I was sick of it. Literally.

Thank goodness they fixed this.

A huge amount of my time online with Mario Kart Wii:
Luigi Circuit
Luigi Circuit
Luigi Circuit
Luigi Circuit
Grumble Volcano
Luigi Circuit

Plot twist
People taking the ultra shortcuts in Grumble Volcano :p

JLck

Was planning on playing this split screen all day tomorrow with my kid sister, is it possible to still unlock characters this way? Will be really disappointed if not.

Was planning on playing this split screen all day tomorrow with my kid sister, is it possible to still unlock characters this way? Will be really disappointed if not.
Yup! In fact, you should unlock parts faster as it counts both of your coin totals towards unlockables.

I can't wait to get this tomorrow!

The Digital Foundry analysis said there was no anti-aliasing at all ---- are jaggies really noticeable playing on, say, a properly semi-calibrated 55" LED TV?

I know it's bound to look terrible on a demo kiosk with a cranked TV, as would anything.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
God damn, Im jealous of everyone who will have this game tomorrow. Gonna wait till E3 before deciding on when to get a Wii U, seeing if theres a possible price drop coming soon, though doubt it.

Probably been answered but can you use a pro controller with this? Already have a classic controller for the remote but who plays Mario Kart with just two people really.

Top Bottom