• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

daydream

Banned
If I want this game purely for online races, how fucked am I? Are they hard to find? Is it one race for every 10 minutes spent on menus and lobbies? How are you guys feeling about it?

Matchmaking couldn't be quicker. You quickly find a lobby and, like I wrote earlier, you barely have time to make a short GAF post between two races. Also, I've played several stretches of 20-30 games with zero errors, lag, hitches, etc.

The online has been absolutely amazing for me.

Jucksalbe

Banned
If I want this game purely for online races, how fucked am I? Are they hard to find? Is it one race for every 10 minutes spent on menus and lobbies? How are you guys feeling about it?

There are plenty of people already playing. Waiting time between races is very short (choosing a track, track gets selected, loading times). And it's awesome.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
The site says to register your code between 10am on the 30th of May and midnight July 31st in order to claim a free game along with it. I didn't read it and now I've already registered my code. Am I boned now?

komplanen

Is the speed of online races 150cc? It's been a while since I last played MK wii.

Matchmaking is very quick, I always find a lobby just seconds after searching. After each race, players vote for the next level and it starts immediately afterwards.

Matchmaking couldn't be quicker. You quickly find a lobby and, like I wrote earlier, you barely have time to make a short GAF post between two races. Also, I've played several stretches of 20-30 games with zero errors, lag, hitches, etc.

The online has been absolutely amazing for me.

There are plenty of people already playing. Waiting time between races is very short (choosing a track, track gets selected, loading times). And it's awesome.

Thanks. Will buy today then :)

Jucksalbe

Banned
The site says to register your code between 10am on the 30th of May and midnight July 31st in order to claim a free game along with it. I didn't read it and now I've already registered my code. Am I boned now?

I don't think so, but you might have to contact Nintendo tomorrow.

Phamit

Downloaded shortly after Midnight, the racing feels really good

Feel free to add me : VerdeVermillion

But i stiil need some train haha

Jucksalbe

Banned
How do you add friends on the WiiU? I tried last night but I am still stumped on the whole matter.

Go to the friends menu and then select "register friend". You can then enter a message and send the request. When the other side accepts, you get a message the next time you open the friends menu.

javac

My copy is about 30 miles away apparently in a place called Shaw. It's 1:30am here so it should be here tomorrow. I'll let the person who's delivering it rest I suppose :p

dysonEA

Best buy texts me and tells me my preorder for Mk8 is ready for pickup. I get there and they say they can't release it till tomorrow. :(

I'm just sad now.

Are you in the UK? If so then buy a download code from GAME.co.uk for £39.99.

Nope, US. I was going to get the LE at the Nintendo World Store, but couldn't make it over there in time. Now, I'm trying to figure out how else I can get it tonight. Break into Gamestop after they close tonight maybe?

Hugstable

Banned
OMG I so hyped for release right now!

My NNID is Huggybear88 and I just added myself to the spreadsheet. I'm probably gonna be playing all night once I'm able to download.

BM8

Neo Member
How do you add friends on the WiiU? I tried last night but I am still stumped on the whole matter.

Another way, which i plan on doing, is to look at your previous played Miis, and add them from there.

Saves time typing in. So you can enter a gaf tourny, and then click home, friends list, previous played, and add em.

Tenki

Sorry if it has been already answered, but why can I only choose from 4 tracks in the online lobby? I already unlocked every tournament and track in Grand Prix mode, but when I go online I can only choose between four tracks and random.

I remember being able to choose any track in MK7 :\

Kinsei

Banned
Sorry if it has been already answered, but why can I only choose from 4 tracks in the online lobby? I already unlocked every tournament and track in Grand Prix mode, but when I go online I can only choose between four tracks and random.

It's to cut down on people constantly spamming the same tracks online. Everyone has a choice of 4 random tracks and random.

Roo

To avoid track spammers..
Playing the same track 7 times in a row (hi N64 Rainbow Road) is not that funny.

BM8

Neo Member

I remember being able to choose any track in MK7 :

Its to prevent users from picking the same course, over and over.

With friends, i think you can pick any, as well as tournaments.

Someone correct me if im wrong.

When you're playing with randoms it does that to give more varied tracks, which I appreciate. If you play with friends/in a community I think it switches back to the old set up where all tracks are available.

Tenki

It's to cut down on people constantly spamming the same tracks online. Everyone has a choice of 4 random tracks and random.

To avoid track spammers..
Playing the same track 7 times in a row (hi N64 Rainbow Road) is not that funny.

Its to prevent users from picking the same course, over and over.

With friends, i think you can pick any, as well as tournaments.

Someone correct me if im wrong.

When you're playing with randoms it does that to give more varied tracks, which I appreciate. If you play with friends/in a community I think it switches back to the old set up where all tracks are available.

I see. Anyway I'd be picking random track, but it bothered me a bit.

Thanks too all!

Top Bottom