• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

At the very least, it seems like the vast, vast majority of people don't notice it. Outside of the Digital Foundry article and subsequent worry about it here, I've never seen the issue mentioned. Honestly, I wish I'd never heard about it as I almost certainly would have never noticed it on my own. Given that I won't be able to avoid looking for it now (sadly) I'm curious if I'll actually notice it.

For starters you're never gonna notice it from youtube videos. Then you've got members of the press who are usually clueless about such things and easily ignore all sorts of technical problems in games.

So yeah, your average person is not gonna notice. If you instantly know a 60fps game when you play one, you very well might.

Owl playing another Wii U game before me, that damn jungle badger
Those are some ban worthy slurs friend, I hope no mods are around to see the parade of foul language that will fill the air when I inevitably get to Bayonetta 2 a day earlier than you.
Look on the bright side, if you've played any of the last four Mario Kart games you already know how this is going to go down for the most part.

Ludwig doesn't give a fuck where your so called track is.

i3DdM5RLjZeyG.gif

The Koopa Kids are so damn charming!
They need to be in the next 3D Mario game, Pom Pom and Boom Boom can go take a long walk off a short pier. :p

Hasney

40 minutes. That's double the time it took me to download all 14GB of Watch Dogs.

Oh well, I'll get up early and get a quick game in the morning.

Those are some ban worthy slurs friend, I hope no mods are around to see the parade of foul language that will fill the air when I inevitably get to Bayonetta 2 a day earlier than you.
Look on the bright side, if you've played any of the last four Mario Kart games you already know how this is going to go down for the most part.

Oh don't worry, I have come to terms with this being More Mario Kart: Now With HD and Good Online Hopefully(?) Edition. My Gamestop $35 dollar credit with soften the blow.

Pom Pom is cool. I'd love for her to become a series staple outside of the "3D" games.
Yeah.
I can't lie, Pom Pom is kind of adorable.
Anyone who has a bow on their ninja star is too fabulous to not be recognized as kind of cool.
:3
Boom Boom can go away though. Two of the Koopa Kids already fulfill his role.

Frodo

Downloading!

They gave me a code after the purchase for me to register it a Club Nintendo. Does it mean it will not be registered automatically as it usually is?

Damn, Nintendo network is slow. Can usually get 4gb in about 15-20mins, going to take 45-50 :/ And now the wife's requested I take her to work tomorrow as I'm off, I may just head to bed and begin fresh in the morning.

MicH

I'm at 18% and 30 minutes to go.I am so excited. I have had such a shitty day, and this is the only thing that can cheer me up

JP

This doesn't include digital game codes does it? Just PIN# with physical releases?
It seems to be the PIN code with either from what I understand. Just bought MK8 on the eStore now and this is what it says.
Ninty said:
This is your PIN Code for the Mario Kart 8 Bonus Game Promotion.
If you register it in Club Nintendo between 10:00 (UK time) on May 30th and 23:59 (UK time) on July 31st 2014, you could claim a free download code for one of a selection of great Wii U games.
:(

daydream

Banned
Gah, so close. I don't know if using the mushroom on or before the gear was right there. In any case, you're going down, Shahadan! >:O

Spades

The items you seem to get online are BS. Running last and I get a few green shells and a few speed mushrooms. All the fucking time.

Woffls

Had a lot of success with online from the few races I played. Couldn't see any lag, took almost no time to find races, and had quite a lot of opponents in each one. Based in the UK.

Still not noticing the repeating frame unless I look for it, which is great because I was quite worried about it.

Piranha Plant Pipes can do one, but pretty much every other track in this game is great.

ffdgh

Sorry if I've missed this...

Is it worth starting on 50cc or can everything be unlocked straight from 150cc?

Yeah you can skip straight to 150. Cup ranks will be carried over for the lower classes.

Characters are unlocked randomly after each GP. Play 14 and you'll have all the characters.

Top Bottom