• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT2| I'm using tilt controls!

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
That's the kind of stuff that just hurts. Throw a green shell and it hits you 3 corners later.

They last a bit too long in this game I think.

I think I collected 30 coins that race. Soooo many coin items in 2-4th place.

neoemonk

I played my first online match this morning against random worldwide folks. There were five of us and I was in third for the whole race. Admittedly I'm not a Mario Kart expert or anything but the two people in front of me were out of sight within fifteen seconds. I got a red shell early on and hoped to close the distance but they were just gone.

Zemm

Being in 2nd place and catching up with 1st then getting hit by a red shell, letting 1st run off with it really easily is starting to piss me off.

Exentryk

Being in 2nd place and catching up with 1st then getting hit by a red shell, letting 1st run off with it really easily is starting to piss me off.

Mario Kart 8 racing for you. You could try playing in Frantic to change it up a little.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Waluigi really should have a horn that sounds more like "WAAAH."

And another Dry Desert? Think I'm going to eat after this one.

SM239

Rainbow Road. If you don't take corners with half of your kart hanging over the edge of the stage you're doing it wrong

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
its worse in the beginning where you accidently boost past somebody due to bumping into them or slipstreaming, and you go flying off that mothafucka

enjoy 9th-12th place fucker

Meanwhile the game keeps going "lol here's some mushrooms good fuckin' luck".

CassSept

I'm not doing too well but damn, this game is so much fun

Edit: My best race yet and then bam, 7th ;_;

Edit: Wow this game is brutal, I choked and fell from 2nd to 11th within span of few seconds

Taichu

My only issue with the game so far is they took out the star rankings appearing by your name online. They kept the golden wii wheel icon though.

Regiruler

Hmm, good to know. Next time that happens, and IT WILL, I'll try hitting the spinaroonie thing and confirm.

On the subject of the coin item: The fake item box as it existed in MKW should be in its place. Didn't stop incoming projectiles, so you'd still be powerless against reds and super-special homing greens, but it could be used to trap and harass the people behind you. At least it gave you something to work with. Coins are the worst.

I actually like coins early on though.
It should add on coins to your overall total if you get it with full coins as a compensation.

Exentryk

What they should have done is made coins an additional item along with another one.

Also, close race there, SM. Homing greens...

Grizzo

I've unlocked the gold kart yesterday, I'm just missing the gold glider to have the whole "golden package" (even though I will most likely never use it because it's gonna be slow as hell).

Top Bottom