• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT2| I'm using tilt controls!

Who's Kak?

I told myself I was gonna stop playing and go to bed when I beat you...then I get blue shelled on the last turn of Mario Stadium, as you zip past me.

I'll get you next time! *stomps on the ground*

DaBoss

Why are we crazy?

If someone pushes you off in the beginning after the first jump down the mountain, the game is already over. You will not get first place.
I was just joking around with calling you guys crazy lol.

I think that is far more likely to happen in Rainbow Road 64 and Rainbow Road 7. Once you get screwed, you're done for in both of those tracks.

The last section in Mount Wario is definitely deadly.
Mario Kart 7's Rainbow Road blows Mount Wario out of water tbqh
if it makes you feel better, I hate Wario Stadium's anti-gravity section. That "Z" is a pain in the ass. The hell were they thinking?
That Rainbow Road has annoyed me so much with how easy it is to stay at front while anyone who is behind is most definitely screwed.

The whole middle-end section of Wario's Stadium confuses me. Why are there coins in the middle of the fire ball hoops? Why is that anti-gravity section shaped like that? why is there so many jumps throughout the end of the track? The track is just filled with literally jumps, one can say that 1/3 of the track is just filled with jumps off of ramps.

Socreges

Banned
Best controller option?

Worst controller option?

I've got the Gamepad (of course) and 2 Wiimotes. Do I NEED a Pro Controller?

Then there's multiplayer and needing 4 decent options.....

Roo

The whole middle-end section of Wario's Stadium confuses me. Why are there coins in the middle of the fire ball hoops? Why is that anti-gravity section shaped like that? why is there so many jumps throughout the end of the track? The track is just filled with literally jumps, one can say that 1/3 of the track is just filled with jumps off of ramps.

The original DS track was full of jumps as well so I understand why they decided to keep it that way but the anti-gravity section feels so forced and out of place it's not even funny.
If there's a track in the retro selection that didn't need anti-gravity stuff, that's Wario Stadium.

It is still a fantastic track and the music is terrific.

I played against a few randoms online and I could get into the top 3. But the two gaf races I tried I was in dead last. Gaf is too good.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
where's mah dlc characters and tracks

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Gonna cut myself off. GGs tonight everyone.

I really wish you could swap the stats of the Standard ATV and the Wild Wiggler. The Standard ATV looks so cool but you give up so much handling compared to the Wiggler.

MrXavier

Hey guys, not sure where to post it but I bought a MK8 Wii U bundle a few days ago. the MK8 game didn't have a product code inside of it to get club nintendo points, is this normal? It only came with a quick-start slip in the sealed box.

12 players is what kills this game for me. It's just too frantic. Didn't they used to have 8? That way they could have crazier powerups, too, since there weren't as many.

Really don't understand that decision...

Ysiadmihi

Banned
12 players is what kills this game for me. It's just too frantic. Didn't they used to have 8? That way they could have crazier powerups, too, since there weren't as many.

Really don't understand that decision...

The most item spammy game in the series had 8 players.

It's really not a matter of how many players there are; it's the overall poor and lazy item design. But that aside, Mario Kart 8 is probably the least frantic 3D game in the series since you can no longer hold two items at once.

Man, balance wise, this game is a freaking mess. I'll never understand why they decided heavy characters should have the most weight AND be the fastest. Just a really, REALLY dumb design decision. Everyone should just be equal and characters should be a cosmetic choice.

Oh well, online is quickly becoming a chore for me because of it. I like to play as Lemmy but what's the point when I'm at a disadvantage before the race even starts. Being tossed aside like nothing at every corner and then being outrun on straightaways by characters three times my size just really takes away from the fun.

Maybe it's something they'd consider fixing in a patch but I really doubt it.

/vent

The most item spammy game in the series had 8 players.

It's really not a matter of how many players there are; it's the overall poor and lazy item design. But that aside, Mario Kart 8 is probably the least frantic 3D game in the series since you can no longer hold two items at once.

Man, can't disagree with this more.

EDIT: Other than MKWii that is, but that game had a lot of other problems, too.

Holding two items worked though because you could play defense better. This game, once your green shell gets popped, you're totally exposed. Not to mention there are more racers, and the tracks are relatively shorter. It's a clusterfuck on too many of these courses.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Man, can't disagree with this more.

EDIT: Other than MKWii that is, but that game had a lot of other problems, too.

MK7 was worse :p

And unfortunately, MK8 had to inherit two of the dumbest items MK7 brought to the series. At least now you're not confined to uber-narrow tracks that basically guarantee you're going to get hit by any item launched at you.

Holding two items worked though because you could play defense better. This game, once your green shell gets popped, you're totally exposed.

The stupid coin item is more responsible for this than anything. Even though you can only carry one item at a time, you could at least lay/fire them at players behind you if you knew the next item you pick up won't be utterly useless defensively.

Top Bottom