• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT2| I'm using tilt controls!

Dr Prob

Banned
I like frantic!

Me too. When you're in first you can actually go fishing and sometimes actually get helpful items. Dodged two blues w/shrooms. Of course, that strategy backfired a few times, but it's much better than just getting a neverending string of coins and waiting to be fucked.

And when you're stuck back in the pack, it's just funny.

Flintty

Click on the mii character icon.
selecet desired mii.
press B to select the character you really want.
???
Profit!

I still can't see the option to do this in game. I have to suspend the game and then quit to the main Wii menu to be able to change Mii. Am I being dumb?

DaBoss

I believe Flintty is talking about the Mii that you show up online as. Like when you're in a lobby, what Mii it shows you as.

Flintty

I believe Flintty is talking about the Mii that you show up online as. Like when you're in a lobby, what Mii it shows you as.

That's the one, sorry for not being clear. My three kids have their own Miis and when we take turns they obviously want to play on their own profile. We could swap licenses on the Wii version but it seems like they forgot to include that function this time.

For that you choose your Mii in the character slot then back out to the character select screen and pick the character you want to use.

No licenses in this iteration though. If they want to save their progress on their file they have to back out of the game and switch Users.

DaBoss

So is anyone playing still?
That's the one, sorry for not being clear. My three kids have their own Miis and when we take turns they obviously want to play on their own profile. We could swap licenses on the Wii version but it seems like they forgot to include that function this time.
Each NNID on the console will have its own save file, so you can give your kids each NNIDs and they would have to switch NNIDs, but that would still not be as good as Mario Kart Wii's option as it would require you to quit the game and then sign in using a different NNID. Unlocks aren't shared however, just like Mario Kart Wii's.

Switching Miis would be the easiest option I think.

Well ignore this and do what HypnoDarkrai and ffdgh said lol. I didn't know that's how the Mii thing worked.

I was wondering how ffdgh switched Miis so easily.

HF2014

Question. I bought Mario Kart it and use my code in order to get pikmin. Can i buy a second code of someone selling it, register it again on my account, and get a 2nd free game, like, wind waker let say?

MilesTeg

Banned
OK guys, has anyone found a definitive way to play with friends? Like I just want to get in a lobby with my buddy online against real people.

MilesTeg

Banned
Nevermind, I guess if one person goes to worldwide matchmaking you can just click on your friend then click join. That is a relief honestly I thought this was gonna be a problem.

OK guys, has anyone found a definitive way to play with friends? Like I just want to get in a lobby with my buddy online against real people.
Sadly it's s crap shoot trying to get yourself and a buddy in a room of randoms. The room is just always full. It should give priority to friends when allocating spaces.

Nevermind, I guess if one person goes to worldwide matchmaking you can just click on your friend then click join. That is a relief honestly I thought this was gonna be a problem.

Sometimes your friend will be put into a full lobby though. I think if you create a room and have your friend immediately join, then randoms will join your room as they search for "Worldwide".

It's not an elegant solution, but Nintendo.

Top Bottom