• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT2| I'm using tilt controls!

Azure J

I was having fun playing a bunch of you away from the PC until this thunderstorm came along and bodied my net. :(

Item reel glitches were keeping me from doing any fun strats so I left. I'll be on later* though.

* - Whenever Shovel Knight stops being so fun.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Ok thanks guys.

I'm in the UK so this is my peak playing time usually, but I also might get time later so it's all good, I'll check back then maybe. It's just that I much prefer racing GAF than WW for some reason. It's just more hectic somehow.

And while the room is dead/full I managed to star mirror lightning cup which was nice.

You're just in the wrong WW rooms. Those high VR lobbies usually have much more consistent quality players than GAF. Packs stay tighter together, making it even more chaotic. The difference between second and twelfth is often a couple seconds.

Exentryk

LOL! My bullet bill just fell off rainbow road! I have to upload that shit

Bullets worked better in MKWii, where even if you were falling off, but activated the bullet, it'd find the track automatically and go from there. This game tho, if you activate a bullet while falling off, it just dies -.-

The GAF room is pretty much dead today. :(

Time and horrible network issues are killing the community.

And this is honestly the 1st Nintendo game where I've had issues like this. People always used to joke in MK7/MKWii/KI:U/etc. that I had blessed internet because whenever I'd join the group things would get stable. Now I'm worse off than anybody :/

Still giving it a shot tonight if anyone is playing.

Bullet Bill Fail

http://youtu.be/qEJ48VsUxxk

Bullets worked better in MKWii, where even if you were falling off, but activated the bullet, it'd find the track automatically and go from there. This game tho, if you activate a bullet while falling off, it just dies -.-

I used it too early on the shortcut on RR. It started going backwards turned around and then I have no idea next thing I knew it was flying off the road lol

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
How did I not get an item from that last item box. Plant was gone and I ran right into it. Lame.

And what did I hit. Saw Justice seemingly hit an invisible item and I boosted by him and hit... nothing?

Assuming the three of us are talking about the same thing, I saw no shells. Justice just spun out randomly then I did when I tried to go by that same spot.

The end of the Mansion? More network shenanigans then. I saw someone in front of me and behind you with triple reds which is why I cut across the shortcut.

My power just surged from a lightning strike and I got disconnected so I'll have to rejoin.

Edit: I thought I was quoting B. Justice. I saw the shell hits before I crossed though.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
glad to see everyone's having internet issues when I'm not playin, if I aint having teh fun you won't as well

muahah

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
The end of the Mansion? More network shenanigans then. I saw someone in front of me and behind you with triple reds which is why I cut across the shortcut.

My power just surged from a lightning strike and I got disconnected so I'll have to rejoin.

It was the third lap (I think), second set of item boxes. Just before the water.

Burning Justice

the superior princess

Edit: I thought I was quoting B. Justice. I saw the shell hits before I crossed though.

No, you're talking about something else. This was on the second lap, right before the underwater section. Chaosblade and I are talking about the same thing.

Dwayne

Hey'all

A few people in the office have this game and we were thinking of setting up a few TVs at lunch and playing together. What are our options? From what I've gathered we can do 4 player local multiplayer, or 2 player per console online multiplayer (up to 12 players)?

Has anyone done online multiplayer with friends on the same IP? I read one GameFAQs forum question that gave me the impression it throws up an error.

Cheers

Asked this quite a few pages back and no answers, let me know :D

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
About to leave, watching the replay real fast.

It was the third lap. On my replay he hit an invisible something. Didn't show anything in front of him, he just started spinning out. Apparently I hit the green shell he was dragging, but I didn't see it.

SM did throw a banana on the second lap and I never saw it land. I wonder if the banana just went incognito?

No, you're talking about something else. This was on the second lap, right before the underwater section. Chaosblade and I are talking about the same thing.

Ah OK.

Did I take out the entire room when my internet went out? Where did everyone go?
I'm saving a couple of replays.

And, I guess it was the third lap, actually. My mistake. Looks like we did hit invisible items.
Could it have been that blue shell or did it fly by you?

Burning Justice

the superior princess
I'm saving a couple of replays.

And, I guess it was the third lap, actually. My mistake. Looks like we did hit invisible items.

Could it have been that blue shell or did it fly by you?
This was before the blue shell. That targeted SM239 after he got ahead of us. When we hit the invisible items, I spun out, and Chaosblade flipped over right after.

(EDIT: On closer inspection, Chaosblade actually hit my dragged green shell. But the item I hit was invisible.)

Oidisco

MK8 has had pretty bad lag in general since it came out, but otherwise the online stuff worked fine.

This week not only does lag seem to be much worse, but comm errors occur more often too. And I don't know if others have had this issue, but joining tournaments has been a nightmare. Even when I know other people are racing, it wont let me join, I'm just left on the world map on my own. The game doesn't even attempt to connect to others.
Even joining through friends/rivals barely works for me anymore. It either gives me an error code or just says I'm unable to join at this time. It's really annoying!

So yea, anyone else having the same issues as me?

Burning Justice

the superior princess
All right, coming back in. Also wanted to save the replay of another race where a blue shell just passed me by when I was in first. That was bizarre.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
I'm pretty sick of all the maps already. We need some DLC or something. Am I the only one who feels this way?

Well, I'm not sick of the tracks yet, but more would = more gooder.

There's other things the game needs first, though. A character balance patch or the removal of firehopping would be nice.

I'm not even bothering to pick up anything from the last box anymore. I'll just save what I get from the box before.

Single mushroom every damn time.

Top Bottom