• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT2| I'm using tilt controls!

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Hello all. Is it the first GAF room being played in or the Frantic Mode GAF room? Or is it the GAF vs. GAF room? I'd love to try a race with all of you.

Currently in a WW room and not the GAF rooms. They are usually dead this time of day.

And that was awful driving on the Harbor.

I got stuck on the corner of the eel. I didn't even know that could happen.

Phil S.

Banned
Currently in a WW room and not the GAF rooms. They are usually dead this time of day.

And that was awful driving on the Harbor.

Ah, okay. I'm unfamiliar with how to join folks in WW rooms. I'm guessing we have to be added on one another's friend lists? Forgive my ignorance!

DaBoss

Music Park is GOAT. Especially with the many ways to stop red shells and the final shortcut. I found it cool in MK7, but in MK8, it just feels nicer to race on.

Absolute shit tier is RR64 and TT.
is there an easy way to upload those mktv videos on you tube?
Use the share feature in MKTV? Unless you're saying that isn't easy, then you need a capture card.

ScOULaris

Music Park is GOAT. Especially with the many ways to stop red shells and the final shortcut. I found it cool in MK7, but in MK8, it just feels nicer to race on.

Absolute shit tier is RR64 and TT.

Use the share feature in MKTV? Unless you're saying that isn't easy, then you need a capture card.
You shut your dirty mouth! Royal Raceway is one of my favorite levels!

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
God, somebody teach these people to drive. Driving off the course and knocking my lightweight Bowser down along with them.

Most perfect lightning ever. Was behind the person who did it, hit someone's dropped mushroom to boost across the sand, another dropped mushroom at the top of the ramp, returned to normal got up to third.

kinggroin

Banned
wiiu_screenshot_tv_01tas18.jpg

mmmmm

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Booo. I think that was Burning that knocked me off both times, then I get a star during the lightning but hit an invisible shell literally the instant the star ended so everyone passed me right back.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
lol, did I? Don't remember doing that.

Mount Wario, a Bowser on a bike bumped me off the side right at the first shortcut, then you bumped me a bit later after the water section and it caused me to go off the edge at the corner.

And that was some horrible driving that time. One more for me this morning I think.

Burning Justice

the superior princess
Mount Wario, a Bowser on a bike bumped me off the side right at the first shortcut, then you bumped me a bit later after the water section and it caused me to go off the edge at the corner.
Still don't remember, lol. If I did, it wasn't intentional... that time.

EDIT: All right, I've got to get going now. GGs, Chaosblade.

I uploaded a replay of the track with some gorgeous shots around a week ago. I never new until then that the canon you get shot through to reach the cloud tunnel is shaped like Bowser's head.

The time and effort spent modeling aspects of the track that you never see during the race is incredible.

Edit: Wait, I just realized that is the same ship in the background of this shot. So you do see the canon with Bowser's head below after all.

can anyone point me to some lets play videos of really good racers on youtube?

I watch alot of the people i'm subscribed to play but they're not real good. I'd like to see some real good racers in action.

DaBoss

You shut your dirty mouth! Royal Raceway is one of my favorite levels!
lol I didn't realize the acronym can be used for something else. RR64 refers to Rainbow Road N64 remake in this thread, AFAIK.

Royal Raceway is pretty good, but Yoshi Valley is king of N64 tracks in MK8.

Roo

GV is a weird course. Shit in mainline MKW because of the glitch, yet also the setting for one of the best monthly tourneys (kart only, backwards). Surely there's a better vid, but not with my cameo!

In MK8 it's decent on its own but with the item dragging and weight bumping coupled with the dynamic shrinkage in places (cool in theory, not so much in practice) it can be a headache. Also the music seems SUPER LOUD. Still not bottom tier imo. That's like Music Park territory. No one wants to race there.

What happened to the monthly tourneys?
I miss the fact that we can no longer drift and jump at the same time.
Why would they remove that? It was harmless

can someone explain to me how some characters after getting hit don't even slow down?

I hit baby daisy yesterday with a red shell.. i was right behind her.. she spun in a circle and didnt slow down at all it seemed... didnt gain any ground.

Burning Justice

the superior princess
can someone explain to me how some characters after getting hit don't even slow down?

I hit baby daisy yesterday with a red shell.. i was right behind her.. she spun in a circle and didnt slow down at all it seemed... didnt gain any ground.

That's lag. They didn't get hit on their end.

That said, I'm not really sure how a red shell could've missed its target. But, on their end, it must have somehow.

I'm always in a room on my own when I try to join GAF.

How do y'all manage to get in a room together? It's got to the point where I always feel that I'm just wasting my limited playing time and go and play the single player or world wide.

Roo

How do y'all manage to get in a room together? It's got to the point where I always feel that I'm just wasting my limited playing time and go and play the single player or world wide.

1. It's usually dead around this time of the day
2. E3, and comm errors killed the community shrinking it dramatically.
3. We always manage to get in a room together because we added each other in our friend lists when the game was released so it's easier to find people that way.

Your best option is to add people you see actively posting in this thread.

Burning Justice

the superior princess

Two possibilities:

1. No one's on.
2. The room(s) everyone's in is/are full.

I'm not playing right now, so if you tried recently, I couldn't say for sure which it is. I'm guessing it's 1, since no one's posting right now. But if it's 2, if you can, you may want to try to (persistently) join someone in the room using the friend/recent player list. That's how a lot of people do it.

If it's 1, peak hours are in the late afternoon/evening in North America, so that's the best time to play. I know that's not always an option for everyone, though. And even then, you're probably going to have to be persistent if you want a spot in the room.

Ok thanks guys.

I'm in the UK so this is my peak playing time usually, but I also might get time later so it's all good, I'll check back then maybe. It's just that I much prefer racing GAF than WW for some reason. It's just more hectic somehow.

And while the room is dead/full I managed to star mirror lightning cup which was nice.

Top Bottom