• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT2| I'm using tilt controls!

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Woooow that race. I don't know that I've ever had that much go wrong before :lol

Saved that.

ibbLVNgrnHcFZj.jpg

Maybe if it was a serious suggestion.

Exentryk

I was in a really good group 3-4 hours ago. Came back after dinner and spent 20-30 mins just trying find a decent lobby. In the end, I just couldn't be bothered and stuck with this lol

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Got super laggy. Took forever to pick a course and now taking forever to start.

Had triple shrooms at the unintended shortcut so I tried it, but ran into the wall on the other side so I probably lost time doing it.

Albo

Mario Kart 8 |OT3| Shell of a time
Mario Kart 8 |OT3| Illusionary netcode
Mario Kart 8 |OT3| Bowser/Wario/Morton Kart 8
Mario Kart 8 |OT3| More balanced than tilt controls!
Mario Kart 8 |OT3| The Dark Souls of Mario Kart

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I just want to point out I did basically nothing that whole TT race. I didn't drift. I didn't use many items. I just drove. And I held 3rd most of the race, moved to 2nd, and didn't fall to 5th until right at the end.

Screw that track.

Ok, so my suggestions are a lotta 'stare' puns:

Mario Kart 8 |OT3| Stare way to heaven
Mario Kart 8 |OT3| Nintendo's Stare Lift
Mario Kart 8 |OT3| (Death) Stares in your eyes
Mario Kart 8 |OT3| Staret your engines
Mario Kart 8 |OT3| Stare way to (sales) heaven

Lol, I love bad puns.

Kalaidos

Neo Member
Gonna join you guys for a few rounds of soul-crashing kart racing.

I am totally prepared to be crushed.

Exentryk with the over 9000 rating... wow.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Oh come on, what did I do to this game. Star during the lighting on the second half of the final lap, but I get bumped off the road by whoever was in second (who was randomly big?) and stuck on the other side of the plant. Everybody passed me :(

Zing

Banned
I don't know what it is about this game, but it fell out of my interest very quickly. I played a lot of MK Wii and MK7 was amazing. This game is well-made and all, but there is something about it that makes it not as fun as the others. The AI is certainly very poor. Even at 150cc they suck. I can 2/3 star everything on my first try. I didn't even bother finishing the 150cc set as it felt like I was just going through the motions.

The track selection feels weak. Like I said, I can't elaborate in specific words. I just know I get the feeling of "this track again" with every track that comes up. I have played this game maybe 1/30 the amount of time I spent on MK Wii and 1/20 of MK7, and I could play any of those tracks and it still feels fresh.

The 1/60 frame stutter is also driving me insane. I can't unsee it. That, along with a myriad of other minor design issues, make it clear to me that this game was rushed, despite having years to work on it.

Maybe I need to get back into playing for rating. I have almost exclusively played in the GAF tournament where there is essentially zero rating or any sense of progress. I had fun getting up into the 9000+ rating on MK Wii. Something is just off here since I'd rather be playing MK7.

I wonder if it is actually the lack of tension and luck from the items that is the difference? The items feel weaker overall and the distribution has changed.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I might join frantic in a little while, I need a break.

It's one thing when you're getting Mario Karted, and another when you're just driving badly. And yet another entirely when you keep dealing with bullshit glitches like the item wheel spinning forever on those last few races, and tons upon tons of invisible items all over the track after a series of strangely frequent lightnings.

Kalaidos

Neo Member
I get so many defensive items on last place in Frantic right now.

EDIT: 4 stars in succession now at Dolphin (on last place) : D

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Mario Kart 8 |OT3| Bumper Karts
Mario Kart 8 |OT3| Life is Shell, and Then You're Dead (Last)
Mario Kart 8 |OT3| Come Hate GAF With Us
Mario Kart 8 |OT3| This Shit is Bananas! And Shells, and Lightning, and Rage

Might think up some more later but I'm still groggy.

Kalaidos

Neo Member
Lol, 2nd gets Bullet Bill, I get a star in 3rd : D

Also I wonder if Ludwig gets pushed around so much by Morton in the Bowser family's daily life, too?

Omnicent

bullet bill in 2nd... dis game! I only got shrooms.
Triple red shells x2, thank you game, but you didnt need to give them to exentryk to =\

Kalaidos

Neo Member
Mario Kart 8 [OT3] Dear game, stop giving everyone triple reds except me.

Last place, final item set on Royal, I get a
.... blooper...

And a disconnect again. My internet seems to be iffy today : s

Top Bottom