• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT2| I'm using tilt controls!

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
We've been cursed for out many MK7 misdeeds. All except for Prinny but he's the devil.

Just imagine what life is going to be like for Shark :(

That doesn't explain my luck. I've never played MK7. Or DS. Or Super Circuit. Mario Kart is a home console-exclusive series to me. Kind of like Smash Bros (and I just remembered a 3DS version of Smash Bros is happening... which I will ignore).

Grizzo

It's best to just stop caring about the crazy ness. So much better for your sanity =/

haha if by craziness you mean "why does this keep happening to meeeeee???" than yeah, you're right I should stop caring!

it's alright though, I get mad for like 10 to 15 seconds and then all is forgotten

Jennifer-Lawrence-ok-thumbs-up_zps9dde0bcd.gif

That doesn't explain my luck. I've never played MK7. Or DS. Or Super Circuit. Mario Kart is a home console-exclusive series to me. Kind of like Smash Bros (and I just remembered a 3DS version of Smash Bros is happening... which I will ignore).

Well then you did something... to someone. We're all guilty.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
speaking of donuts, I never bother with the donut shortcut

Donut Plains, or the Sweet Canyon donut?

I only take the Donut Plains one if I'm in first (so, almost never), but I take the other any time I get a mushroom before it.

The trap? Nope, not happening anymore.

There's a ton of trap shortcuts in this game beside that one. Nintendo trolling extra hard.

Trap shortcuts, or difficult shortcuts? The only one I know of that is "bad" is potentially going over the bridge on Toad's Turnpike, but that depends on your air vs ground speed. And it's Toad's Turnpike, so who gives a shit anyway.

ohlawd

my bad. Sweet Canyon.

The trap? Nope, not happening anymore.

There's a ton of trap shortcuts in this game beside that one. Nintendo trolling extra hard.
yeah it's a trap all right.

Nintendo too good at fooling people with these shortcuts. if there's a ramp offroad, it MUST give me one hell of an advantage!

Trap shortcuts, or difficult shortcuts? The only one I know of that is "bad" is potentially going over the bridge on Toad's Turnpike, but that depends on your air vs ground speed. And it's Toad's Turnpike, so who gives a shit anyway.

Shortcuts where the reward isn't nearly good enough for the risk. The donut is a bad example because if you get it right it saves a ton of time but there's a bunch of shortcuts that save barely any time but can ruin you're race if you mess it up.

Edit: you're always much too kind ffdgh :)

ffdgh

Looks like I have to go back to time trials for more practice. Oh well fun and stressful as always all.

Edit: You deserved a freebie Greg lol.

ffdgh

Yeah, the leaf sc is really easy. I don't take the thwomp ruins one tho. Maybe I need to practice it a bit more :(

I take the regular route. It's not worth the risk of bananas, getting it by a red or anything else, and bumped off. The respond point can also be unforgiving occasionally lol.

Exentryk

Yeah, the current way how I can take it is by boosting while landing on it so I don't slide off it. But in a race with so much going on and other players around you nudging and messing your lines, it's easy to fall off. And it barely gives an advantage anyway.

Still, I should practice it more regardless.

SM239

The Sunshine Airport shortcut is the worst. It barely cuts the corner and sometimes your kart drops like a rock and falls in the water.

Exentryk

The Sunshine Airport shortcut is the worst. It barely cuts the corner and sometimes your kart drops like a rock and falls in the water.

Hardly anyone takes it. Even the one at the end I am starting to avoid these days. Sometime my bike slows down for no reason near those boxes even when I am not hitting them (online mode, so likely lag).

ffdgh

I wonder why I risk it at times. I almost always turn too soon/late and fall into the water lol.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
I just saw somebody losing his Crazy 8 because of a lightning bolt

It must have been really frustrating

crazy 8 almost always sucks for me, everyone just magically disappears when I use it so I wouldn't cry about it

triple red shells on the other hand...

Dr Prob

Banned

That weird little wedge of land jutting up out of the water next to the boosters? The one that looks like something you'd make in ModNation Racers, then delete because "that just isn't working." Yeah, that one isn't ideal.

The Thwomp Ruins one is good if you're assured there isn't a shock in play and you take it naturally. If you don't item spy (that's sort of a loaded term) or there's bumping involved or if you have to fiddle around to line it up right, I think it's better to just skip it.

Top Bottom